Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

asenthil
Topic Author

Cookies - GetResponseHeaders method - roUrl event

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am

Hi,

I am developing a ROKU application which needs to logon to a remote server and extract feeds. I am aware that ROKU does not support Cookies and so gotta make do with "Set-Cookie" and "Cookie" headers. The issue I am facing right now is that the response sent by the remote server on a successful login has several "Set-Cookie" name-value pairs (all of which need to be sent as "Cookie" name-value pairs for further communication with the server) and the "GetResponseHeaders" method associated with "roUrlEvent" returns a "roAssociativeArray" which cannot hold duplicate values (according to the latest BrightScript Reference Manual). Ultimately, I am able to retrieve only one of these essential name-value pairs which is insufficient for further communication with the server. It seems to be appropriate for the method to return a "roArray" so that we get all the essential fields from the response headers. I am not sure if we are missing out on something here or the method signature needs to be changed. Please advise. Thank you.

RokuKevin
Roku Engineering

Re: Cookies - GetResponseHeaders method - roUrl event

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

There is not currently a way to get duplicate headers, or multiple 'Set-Cookie' headers.... We have added a way to do this in an upcoming release.

--Kevin

matthew.pawluk

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:42 am

What would be the expected ETA on a new release?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 am

Is there any way to get the raw headers, so I can parse them myself? I'm in a bit of a pickle if there's no way to capture all of the set-cookie headers...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

RokuKevin
Roku Engineering

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:27 pm

There is no way to get the raw headers and parse them yourself. If you'd like to sign up for the beta program, you can get access to a build that has the new method in the roUrlEvent object:

GetResponseHeadersArray().

It returns an array of associative arrays. Each AA contains a single header name/value pair.

Beta program signup:
http://surveyanalytics.com/t/AEJgCZHuSy

--Kevin

mainmanc

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Looking for the same functionality. Would love to get on board with the beta. Request submitted. :)

Cheers.

RokuKevin
Roku Engineering

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 am

mainmanc,

Did you sign up using the link below? This beta is open to anyone who agrees to the terms through the signup link.

Beta program signup:
http://surveyanalytics.com/t/AEJgCZHuSy

--Kevin

mainmanc

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Kevin,

Yes I did. Perhaps I should try again?

Cheers.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I signed up through the same link last week and haven't heard anything. Should we expect to receive an email or something?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

RokuPatrick

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Sorry, that link is for signing up for the end-user beta pool and doesn't guarantee that you'll get the beta. We'll shortly be soliciting our developer community for a developer-targeted beta program. Please sit tight.

Patrick