Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

viaway
Topic Author

Roku Channel Approval

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Hello there, it has almost 2 month since we submitted our app to Roku and it is still not published. Any ideas how long does it take to publish?

With Android Marketplace, it takes minutes, with Samsung, it takes a few weeks, with Panasonic and LG, under a month.

Very surprising, we invested over $10k into Roku platform with no response.

Thank you for your insight.

Viaway team.

bryanknowlton

Re: Roku Channel Approval

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:45 pm

My decline took less than a week... It has been a few weeks now with no explanation to why it was denied though...

I don't want to seem like a pest, but it would be nice to know what can be changed to get a channel approved.

kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:08 pm

I think thy may be a little understaffed at the moment: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44671&start=0
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R

RokuPatrick

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 am

bryanknowlton wrote:
My decline took less than a week... It has been a few weeks now with no explanation to why it was denied though...

I don't want to seem like a pest, but it would be nice to know what can be changed to get a channel approved.

Brian,

we were in contact with you about your channel. Feel free to email me to discuss further.

We're also in contact with Viaway.

koshermetal

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:19 pm

We are also eagerly awaiting notification of our channel getting approved.

We noticed that it was installed on 1 account, but we have made several updates/changes since then and even updated the pkg file. We just want to make sure the most current version (and package) was reviewed.

We have an identical version as a private channel while we await approval and it has already been installed on several devices. Any eta on when we might hear something?

Cheers!
Free 24/7 Metal radio via web or smartphone
www.koshermetal.com