Noticed today some of the RokuSDK/documents/*.PDF have wrong titles as Adobe Reader is concerned.
When using "Search" to get all files containing term, I noticed same document names showed more than once in the result pane. Which is weird because hits are grouped together by PDF file. I saw that before but chalked it to be Adobe bug; today i investigated. To reproduce, select Search "All PDF documents in ... folder" and ask it to seach "Roku". Observe there are repeating document names, for example 3 "Roku Digital Video Player Getting Started"
It's a case of confused identity where the PDF has wrong Title/Subject inside (try File / Properties in Adobe to see that). No doubt happened because one document was copied and edited to make another doc but the metadata was not changed. Here is list of the offenders:
- DeveloperGuide.pdf - thinks it is "Roku Digital Video Player Getting Started"
- DesignGuidelines.pdf - "Roku Digital Video Player Getting Started"
- EncodingGuide.pdf - "Roku Digital Video Player Getting Started"
- ExternalControlGuide.pdf - "The BIF Archive Format Specification"
- Roku Channel Developer Agreement and Program Requirements.pdf - "Roku® Digital Video Player"
- ChannelPackagingAndPublishing.pdf - "Roku Digital Player Component Reference"
PS. Moot, since around 2013-05 there are no documentation PDFs, only confluence wiki