Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ignacio
Topic Author

HBO Go item titles

Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey guys, I noticed that by using "four-column-flat-landscape" as the grid style it is possible to achieve a view hbogo-like. I was wondering if it's also possible to have the titles under the items instead of the description box.
Is this possible?
Thanks!
Ignacio

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: HBO Go item titles

Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm

You need to use "two-row-flat-landscape-custom" to have titles under the items. In that case, just set the ShortDescriptionLine1 and ShortDescriptionLine2 metadata attributes. If you leave off ShortDescriptionLine2, then ShortDescriptionLine1 will wrap, if necessary.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

ignacio
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks! this is exactly what I needed
-Ignacio

ignacio
Topic Author

Thu May 16, 2013 7:12 pm

One more question TheEndless, I can't seem to find the setting for the title color under the images in this type of gridScreen.

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 pm

ignacio wrote:
One more question TheEndless, I can't seem to find the setting for the title color under the images in this type of gridScreen.

You're on your own there, I'm afraid. I don't know of any way to change those colors, either.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

ignacio
Topic Author

Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok, Thanks for the quick response!

gcw07

Fri May 17, 2013 2:37 pm

So you are also doing this style, do either of you know if there is a way to turn off the popup description box? The SetDescriptionVisible() doesn't seem to be doing anything. Thanks.

Edit: Just figured it out, but for those that are also trying. I had to call the function AFTER the show

screen.Show()
screen.SetDescriptionVisible(false)

rjbrown

Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I'm also looking for a way to set the title color in the two-row-flat-landscape-custom grid style. Is it possible that it is just hard-coded to be near-white? Anyone have any idea on that?

RokuRobB

Mon May 27, 2013 10:07 pm

There is no app manager property to set the color of the description 1 and 2 text lines in a grid screen.