Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

How to add multiple rows to home screen

I have been using the videoPlayer example to understand how to create channels. I have had some succes but I have been unable to figure out how to display categories in rows on the home screen.

The original home screen on the videoPlayer example has one row I would like to add multiple rows (similar to netflix or hulu).

I know that I have to change how the screen is drawn but I cant find what needs to be changed.

Thank you for reading this. I appreciate any information you may be able to give me.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to add multiple rows to home screen

The videoplayer example uses roPosterScreen. You'd need to use roGridScreen for multiple rows.
0 Kudos
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

I have the roGrid up. I have the correct number of rows and columns. I have the category(row) names and the item names displaying.

I have been unable to figure out how to get information from my xml categoryLeaf(s). I am able to get the title with getCategoryList() but I don't know how to get the other tag info such as the images and description.

Is there an array that is created when the xml is parsed?

How do I point to lower levels of the xml?

Thank you for all of your help. This forum has been a great benefit to me and many others. 😄 🙂 😮
0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

I would be very interested in seeing an answer to this as well.
I'm stuck in the same spot.
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
genepensiero
Roku Guru

Did you ever get an answer/fix for this?
0 Kudos