Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
 
User avatar
speechles
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm

RokuTomC wrote:

Try telling that to your "search." Type in "Statement summary" and DOI

Results for statement summary
10 results

Statement summary
Developer Documentation - https://developer.roku.com/docs/referen ... summary.md
BrightScript supports the following familiar looking statement types: If / Then / Else If / Else / End If For / To / End For / Step / Exit For For Each / In / End For / Exit For While / End While / Exit While Function / End Function / As / Return Print Rem (or ') Goto Dim End Stop BrightScript is not case sensitive...

Program statements
Developer Documentation - https://developer.roku.com/docs/referen ... tements.md
DIM name (dim1, dim2, …, dimK) DIM (\"dimension\") is a statement that provides a short cut to creating roArray objects. It sets variable name to type \"roArray\", and creates Arrays of Arrays as needed for multi-dimensional arrays. The dimension passed to Dim is the index of the maximum entry to be allocated (the array initial size = dimension+1); the array will be resized larger automatically if needed...
 
User avatar
RokuTomC
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 pm

speechles wrote:
RokuTomC wrote:

Try telling that to your "search." Type in "Statement summary" and DOI

Results for statement summary
10 results

Statement summary
Developer Documentation - https://developer.roku.com/docs/referen ... summary.md
BrightScript supports the following familiar looking statement types: If / Then / Else If / Else / End If For / To / End For / Step / Exit For For Each / In / End For / Exit For While / End While / Exit While Function / End Function / As / Return Print Rem (or ') Goto Dim End Stop BrightScript is not case sensitive...

Program statements
Developer Documentation - https://developer.roku.com/docs/referen ... tements.md
DIM name (dim1, dim2, …, dimK) DIM (\"dimension\") is a statement that provides a short cut to creating roArray objects. It sets variable name to type \"roArray\", and creates Arrays of Arrays as needed for multi-dimensional arrays. The dimension passed to Dim is the index of the maximum entry to be allocated (the array initial size = dimension+1); the array will be resized larger automatically if needed...

Can you expand on your question please? The "Statement summary" page is appearing at the top of the search results when queried. You may have been querying before our search cache had updated, but the results you provided above are accurate.

Regarding the escape characters rendering on the search results page (\"roArray\"), we're tracking this bug and will resolve it shortly.
 
User avatar
speechles
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am

Image

Document not found.

There is no reference.
 
User avatar
RokuTomC
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue May 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for reporting this. The file path for the Reference landing page recently changed, causing the breakage.

A temporary fix has just been put in place, although you'll note the left-hand navigational tree structure will be closed upon landing on the page for the time being.
 
User avatar
marcelo.cabral
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:39 am

I forgot about this post and created one to report this issue, anyway, here it is on the right place:

The new manifest "game" switch (introduced recently) is not listed on the SDK documentation page:
https://developer.roku.com/docs/develop ... anifest.md
 
User avatar
marcelo.cabral
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:41 am

marcelo.cabral wrote:
I forgot about this post and created one to report this issue, anyway, here it is on the right place:

The new manifest "game" switch (introduced recently) is not listed on the SDK documentation page:
https://developer.roku.com/docs/develop ... anifest.md

Another thing I noticed in this page, the recommended dimensions for the channel icons are not correct.
 
User avatar
Komag
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:42 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Looks like "game" is back, right near the bottom, just above "Screensaver attributes"

I would like solid definitive correct sizes for things as well:

icon
540x405?
290x218?
336x210?

When I set mine to 290x218, it looks PIXEL PERFECT on my Roku 4 and on my 4k Roku TV where the UI is 1080p.
Maybe the 540x405 is for the larger channel picture that you see when surfing the channel store?
 
User avatar
RokuTomC
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:41 pm

That's right, the "game" attribute has been added back to the documentation.

We'll have an update on the channel icon dimensions shortly.
 
User avatar
RokuTomC
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Komag wrote:
Looks like "game" is back, right near the bottom, just above "Screensaver attributes"

I would like solid definitive correct sizes for things as well:

icon
540x405?
290x218?
336x210?

When I set mine to 290x218, it looks PIXEL PERFECT on my Roku 4 and on my 4k Roku TV where the UI is 1080p.
Maybe the 540x405 is for the larger channel picture that you see when surfing the channel store?

Komag and Marcelo, I've confirmed the dimensions listed for the manifest attributes in the documentation is accurate. However, please be aware that these assets are only used when your channel is side-loaded. When your channel is published and installed from the Channel Store, the channel icon that renders is the one that you upload during the channel creation/submission flow.

540x405 is the dimension for the asset uploaded during channel submission. This is the pixel perfect spec, and scaling is handled by the firmware.
If this is incongruous with your experience, can you shine a little more light on the specific use cases where things are going array?
 
joetesta
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm

There's a misspelling on this page that tripped me up when I copied and pasted (note the extra "T" after the "N"): "EPGLaunchIntitiate"
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/performance-guide/measuring-channel-performance.md
aspiring
 
User avatar
RokuTomC
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am

joetesta wrote:
There's a misspelling on this page that tripped me up when I copied and pasted (note the extra "T" after the "N"): "EPGLaunchIntitiate"
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/performance-guide/measuring-channel-performance.md

Thanks Joe, good catch. This is now resolved!
 
User avatar
marcelo.cabral
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:17 am

RokuTomC wrote:
Komag wrote:
Looks like "game" is back, right near the bottom, just above "Screensaver attributes"

I would like solid definitive correct sizes for things as well:

icon
540x405?
290x218?
336x210?

When I set mine to 290x218, it looks PIXEL PERFECT on my Roku 4 and on my 4k Roku TV where the UI is 1080p.
Maybe the 540x405 is for the larger channel picture that you see when surfing the channel store?

Komag and Marcelo, I've confirmed the dimensions listed for the manifest attributes in the documentation is accurate. However, please be aware that these assets are only used when your channel is side-loaded. When your channel is published and installed from the Channel Store, the channel icon that renders is the one that you upload during the channel creation/submission flow.

540x405 is the dimension for the asset uploaded during channel submission. This is the pixel perfect spec, and scaling is handled by the firmware.
If this is incongruous with your experience, can you shine a little more light on the specific use cases where things are going array?

I just think that there is no point to have those old dimensions standards as they looked distorted because the aspect ratio is different from the current firmware UI. Just make a single standard as 502x405 and avoid this confusion. My final 5 cents on this. :)
 
joetesta
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm

The last example entry on this page is incorrect:
https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/d ... -search.md

For the sign up flow use case, call 
dispatchEvent("Sign_Up|pageNumber=<int>|pageType=<type>")
 or 
dispatchEvent("Sign_Up|pageNumber=<int>|pageType=<type>``") when a page is submitted or field is entered.``


It should be more like the first example that has different field values in the 2nd entry:
dispatch an event for the sign-up flow, assign
{RED: {eventName: "Sign_Up|pageNumber=<int>|pageType=<type>"}
or
{RED: {eventName: "Sign_Up_Form"|field=<string>"}
Last edited by joetesta on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aspiring
 
joetesta
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

There is insufficient guidance wrt pageNumber or pageType values:
 https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/discovery/search/prioritizing-authenticated-channels-in-roku-search.md

Should pages use consistent values for pageNumber (ie should a specific view be assigned a pageNum that's then used consistently for all users, no matter which path they follow to the page; or should the pageNum be incremented arbitrarily as the user steps through the process (such as maintaining a global pageCounter that's incremented on each page in the flow)?

What values may be used for pageType and where does it matter?  Can we create our own arbitrary types?
Last edited by joetesta on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aspiring
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests