Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

joetesta

Re: SDK documentation: links to fix, missing/broken/etc

Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Types listed do not match example:

pages: landing, sign in, registration, device activation, subscription selection, payment, and cancellation.

Examples:
"Sign_Up|pageNumber=1|pageType=Landing Page" "Sign_Up|pageNumber=2|pageType=Sign In"

Note: "Landing Page" vs "landing"

Can we use any arbitrary values we want for these?  Please clarify in the documentation.
https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/discovery/search/prioritizing-authenticated-channels-in-roku-search.md
aspiring

RokuJonathanD

Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:32 pm

joetesta wrote:
There is insufficient guidance wrt pageNumber or pageType values:
 https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/discovery/search/prioritizing-authenticated-channels-in-roku-search.md

Should pages use consistent values for pageNumber (ie should a specific view be assigned a pageNum that's then used consistently for all users, no matter which path they follow to the page; or should the pageNum be incremented arbitrarily as the user steps through the process (such as maintaining a global pageCounter that's incremented on each page in the flow)?

What values may be used for pageType and where does it matter?  Can we create our own arbitrary types?

JD: The idea is to use the provided syntax so the Roku and you can easily identify the page where sign-up abandonments may be occuring...so for page numbering, it should just be based on a single path so that the page can be easily identifed. You don't need to number pages differently based on different user paths. 

joetesta

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Thanks JD.  Given your reply I am assuming that the answer is "yes" to whether these values can be anything we want to put there.
Can we create our own arbitrary types?
aspiring

joetesta

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:39 pm

A challenge I'm facing is that our registration and sign-in flows are non-linear.  The "polling" screen could be screen number 3, 4 or 5 depending on the path and options the user chose.  I wish there were more guidance or an example of how this could work in a more complex / non-linear process.

Is it required that RED calls send incremental page numbers, or could we assign a distinct page number to each of our views and then a user might follow a path with non-sequential pageNumbers?
aspiring

RokuJonathanD

Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:34 pm

joetesta wrote:
A challenge I'm facing is that our registration and sign-in flows are non-linear.  The "polling" screen could be screen number 3, 4 or 5 depending on the path and options the user chose.  I wish there were more guidance or an example of how this could work in a more complex / non-linear process.

Is it required that RED calls send incremental page numbers, or could we assign a distinct page number to each of our views and then a user might follow a path with non-sequential pageNumbers?

JD: They can be non-sequential, but the pages numbers should be increasing as a user progresses on a path. So one flow could have pages 1, 2, 4, 7 for example, and another might be 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, and so on.

RokuJonathanD

Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:35 pm

joetesta wrote:

pages: landing, sign in, registration, device activation, subscription selection, payment, and cancellation.

Examples:
"Sign_Up|pageNumber=1|pageType=Landing Page" "Sign_Up|pageNumber=2|pageType=Sign In"

JD: BTW, I cleaned up the doc based on this feedback, and fixed some rendering issues that were affecting how the samples were displayed.
Can we use any arbitrary values we want for these?  Please clarify in the documentation.

marcelo.cabral

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

DrawLine method has the parameter order completely wrong at:
https://developer.roku.com/docs/references/brightscript/interfaces/ifdraw2d.md

It says: 

DrawLine(rgba as Integer, xEnd as Integer, xStart as Integer, yEnd as Integer, yStart as Integer) as Void

but the right order is
DrawLine(xStart as Integer, yStart as Integer, xEnd as Integer, yEnd as Integer, rgba as Integer) as Void

marcelo.cabral

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:33 pm

DrawObject is also wrong, please review all ifDraw2D interface methods

RokuJonathanD

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:40 pm

marcelo.cabral wrote:
DrawObject is also wrong, please review all ifDraw2D interface methods

JD: The ifDraw2D interface document has been updated with parameters listed in the correct order. 

RokuJonathanD

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am

RokuJonathanD wrote:
joetesta wrote:

Examples:

JD: BTW, I cleaned up the doc based on this feedback, and fixed some rendering issues that were affecting how the samples were displayed.

JD: The names need to include an index and label, but those can indeed by arbitrary...I would make sure to sequentially number pages/forms in a logical order (I wouldn't randomly number items), and make sure labels help make it easy to identify the corresponding page...I'll update the doc to be more clear about this. 

RokuJonathanD

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am

RokuJonathanD wrote:
joetesta wrote:

Examples:

JD: The names need to include an index and label, but those can indeed by arbitrary...I would make sure to sequentially number pages/forms in a logical order (I wouldn't randomly number items), and make sure labels help make it easy to identify the corresponding page...I'll update the doc to be more clear about this.