Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

EnTerr
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

roOneLineDialogEVENT - what's the point of it?

Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 pm

I tried using roOneLineDialog and the documentation for its event says
roOneLineDialogEvent wrote:
Sends the roOneLineDialogEvent with the following predicates that indicate its valid event types:
  • isButtonPressed() as Boolean - A button on the screen was selected.
  • GetIndex() as Integer - Returns the ID of the button which was selected (the first parameter to AddButton).
  • isScreenClosed() as Boolean - The screen was closed and is no longer displayed to the user.

Sounds like the dialog supports buttons. In particular it mentions AddButton() - but when i try .addButton(1,""), i get "Member function not found in BrightScript Component". Also it does not respond to Back remote button, nor does it have EnableBackButton().

So now it seems the component does not support buttons. But if that is the case, isButtonPressed() and GetIndex() are useless and documentation is misleading in mentioning AddButton(). Moreover, there is no use to isScreenClosed() either, because the only way that dialog can be closed is by manually invoking .close(). So the existence of roOneLineDialogEvent is pointless - and in addition so are roOneLineDialog.ifSetMessagePort()/ifGetMessagePort().

Am i missing something or there is semantic failure in that component?
Last edited by EnTerr on Fri May 09, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheEndless

Re: roOneLineDialogEVENT - what's the point of it?

Fri May 09, 2014 12:03 am

Looks like a copy/paste error to me. My bet would be that they copied roMessageDialog and did a find and replace.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

EnTerr
Topic Author

Re: roOneLineDialogEVENT - what's the point of it?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:42 pm

I see isButtonPressed() and GetIndex() got removed as possible events, the only one remaining is isScreenClosed().
But when does that get invoked? Will there ever be a roOneLineDialogEvent?