I can only guess it got lost in translation. Reproducing it here for posterity:
2.5 Entry Points
In addition to the Main() BrightScript application entry point, firmware version 2.6 has added two additional entry points. RunUserInterface() is synonymous with Main() as a place for your application to start. RunScreenSaver() is a method that will be called when your script is registered as the system screen saver and the system has been idle and starts the screen saver.
Sub RunUserInterface(aa as Object)
- Default script entry point for Roku applications.
- Can take a roAssociativeArray that can be passed via the Network Control API
- If there is no RunUserInterface() in the application, the method Main() will be called as the entry point for the application.
- Entered when the Roku has hit the configured idle-time. The screensaver to launch is selected by the user on the Screensaver settings page.
- The Roku box may not start the custom screensaver and will use a default screensaver instead if there is insufficient memory to start a screensaver slideshow
- roVideoPlayer and roAudioPlayer are not allowed to be run in a screensaver
- If you have any dialogs with ShowBusyAnimation() enabled, you’ll want to make sure you close and kill the reference before painting a new screen on top of them. Otherwise, your app may lose focus when returning from the screensaver.
- Entered when the user selects “custom settings” on the Screensaver settings page and the application is configured as the system screensaver.
Can we please have the omission added to the docs? So that it is searchable and findable.
Pretty please... with ZuckerBerg on top?