Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

EnTerr
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:59 pm

ifSpringboardScreen wrote:
SetDisplayMode(displayMode as String) as Void
Sets the mode for displaying slideshow images. This allows images to be either scaled to completely fill the screen (scale-to-fill) or scaled to fit inside the screen (scale-to-fit) while maintaining aspect ratio. Valid display modes are: ...

What does this function do?
Sounds like this is from a slide-show screen but what would it do for a roSpringboardScreen?
What slideshow images, scaled to completely fill which screen? Is there some undocumented meta-magic (like background image) or?

TheEndless

Re: ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:38 am

Looks like a copy-paste error. SetDisplayMode changes the way the HDPosterUrl/SDPosterUrl is scaled when displayed in the upper left of the springboard.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

EnTerr
Topic Author

Re: ifSpringboardScreen.SetDisplayMode() - what does it do?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:20 pm

TheEndless wrote:
Looks like a copy-paste error. SetDisplayMode changes the way the HDPosterUrl/SDPosterUrl is scaled when displayed in the upper left of the springboard.

Thanks, i tried and indeed seems to affect *PosterUrl only. No full screen anything anyway. Will add it to the ever-growing (and rarely shrinking) list of doc things to fix.