- Desktop/Laptop/Chromebook/iPhone/Andoid/Atari ...?
- Windows/Mac/Linux/BeOS/DOS ... ?
- Notepad++/Visual Studio/Eclipse/gedit/Emacs ... ?
- Telnet, PuTTY ... ?
- Misc/Home-Brew Tools: Anybody use/create their own Qt Designer ( for Roku Dev! ), etc?
I'll start us off:
me: Hello, my handle is Dev42.
ppl: Hello, Dev42!"
me (sobbing): My Ex-Dev Setup (recently DIED!):
- Windows Vista Laptop
- Notepad++ with VB highlighting ( that I had to edit the XML to get it to stick for future .brs files )
- Not yet ready to Stop Sobbing
Current Non-Working - Temp Dev System / Inquiry:
- Windows XP/Manjaro Linux Laptop with 512MB of RAM
- FireFox churns HD into butter. Doesn't completely lock up, but is unusable.
- Does anybody here do any Dev work on a PC with 512MB RAM?
- FF 37 sys req's suggest 512MB RAM minimum... does that mean that is not the prob?
- Could it be Flash or something else that is RAM hungry?
- Slow Down prevalent in both XP/Manjaro -- Arch based Linux ver, known for being light and fast. Good for old HW.
- Is it possible the NIC and/or HD are borked?
- Did an XP update/Linux kernel update/Flash or some internet SW leave the realm of sub-Gigabyte RAM?
- Gonna give an old Puppy Linux Live-CD a shot and see if there's any improvement
Remember, Kids, Save Early, Save Often and backup, Backup, BACKUP!