Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GFL
Visitor

Waiting a month: who can tell me when my channel will be up?

I submitted a small change to my website in April. I have heard nothing from Roku.

There is no email noted on the website to ask questions of. How do I find out when the bug fix will get pushed? Why does it take a month to push a bug fix?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Waiting a month: who can tell me when my channel will be

"GFL" wrote:
I submitted a small change to my website in April. I have heard nothing from Roku.
There is no email noted on the website to ask questions of.

"billing[@)roku.com bot" wrote:
    If you have any questions about the status of your channel and more than a week has passed without hearing from us, please don't hesitate to contact us at developer(@}roku.com

"GFL" wrote:
How do I find out when the bug fix will get pushed?

Mostly through divination, it seems :mrgreen:

Hmm, you know what will be great? If RokuCo would add a "position in queue" number to the "Package Submission" screen, then one would be able to take educated guess as to when their turn is coming.

In other words it will be like waiting in line in those places (DMV?) where you have to take-a-number and while you don't know what exactly they are doing behind the counter, can get wait cues from which number is being called. Or like in the better phone or chat support system where it tells you "Please wait until an agent is available. You are 23rd person in line". While it doesn't promise exactly when your case is due, such system gives one a general idea or how progress goes and manages their expectations.
0 Kudos
marcelo_cabral
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:

Hmm, you know what will be great? If RokuCo would add a "position in queue" number to the "Package Submission" screen, then one would be able to take educated guess as to when their turn is coming.

In other words it will be like waiting in line in those places (DMV?) where you have to take-a-number and while you don't know what exactly they are doing behind the counter, can get wait cues from which number is being called. Or like in the better phone or chat support system where it tells you "Please wait until an agent is available. You are 23rd person in line". While it doesn't promise exactly when your case is due, such system gives one a general idea or how progress goes and manages their expectations.

Great idea Enterr! I give my vote for that too!
0 Kudos
Ace
Visitor

That would rule! The wait is super long! I was told I was 88 in the que! Well since I was told that over 100 new channels are in the store. But not mine? So I guess the Roku Screensavers do not count as a channel! Because there are a lot of them.

This man was told his would be reviewed the week of April 20th. He just NOW got in the public store!! viewtopic.php?f=34&t=85979

So I am figuring I won't be in until July! I submitted my channel March 15th.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

There are about 12 ahead of your B-Movie channel now.

- Joel
0 Kudos