Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

valicode

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:08 am

On the new Label component, the isTextEllipsized field is always returning false.

I have set the width to 90 (trying to force the wrap and truncation) and the text to 'Cancel this button' - which renders as 'Cancel this...'

Other fields set:
ellipsizeOnBoundary = true
wrap = true
numLines = 2

Any ideas why this is not returning true?

brybott

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Setting .observeField on a roSGNode, you can add a callback function as a string...?

It seems it is not possible to pass the callback function any parameters? Am I correct?

dacian_roman23

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 am

Thanks for the answer . Everything is ok now . :D

juantwc

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 am

dratio wrote:
I am building an item with multiple labels on the same line. There will be dynamic content in the labels, so the width of the labels will be changing based on what the text is, so I have the width set to zero for both. However, when I need the final width of the first label in order to properly place the second label, it is still returning as zero. Is there a way to access the final width of the label in order to determine where the second label should go. I am assuming that this will be done via translation, but I need an x-value to put into the translation.

Does anyone know how this is done? It would be really important for any semi-complicated layout

brybott

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:35 pm

label.isEllipsized always seems to return false, even when I can visually see the ... ellipsis occurring. It happens regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false. The ellipsis also occurs regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false.

valicode

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:55 am

brybott wrote:
label.isEllipsized always seems to return false, even when I can visually see the ... ellipsis occurring. It happens regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false. The ellipsis also occurs regardless of if ellipsizeAtBoundary is set to true or false.

Yes, this is the same that I am seeing (see post at top of page 9). I hope they fix this soon.

brybott

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:15 pm

I created a new component that extends the Group node. In instance of this component is a child to a Scene node. In the init() sub of the Group extended component, I try:
sceneParent = m.top.getParent()
but this returns invalid. Does getParent() work in the component's init function()?

If in the Scene nodes init function I do something like (with <MyGroup id="myGroup"> as a child of the Scene node)
m.myGroup = m.top.findNode("myGroup")
m.myGroup.getParent()
it works as expected.

dreamer2057

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:48 am

edskitter wrote:
Concerning video, what are Roku's plan for securing video?

In previous version, I was using :

videoContent.Addheader("reserved-id", "xxxx.."
videoContent.SetCertificatesFile("pkg:/certs/xx.crt")
videoContent.InitClientCertificates()

How can we achieve this with the new API?

Oh, really, Roku. Why do you ignore all serious questions? Such as this and many others. New api it is very good. But we are playing in guessing, Nobody knows it better than you, but you are silent ...
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.

RokuJoel

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:05 pm

To answer the question about secure video on SceneGraph:

Firmware 7.1 and higher
https is supported by the Video node. The developer needs to put the certificate information into the ContentNode. Draft documentation (a screenshot, unfortunately, this BB doesn't seem to be able to do tables at the moment):

https://roku.box.com/s/4aha5azd3jga9vx7mscai3b8v1h8yybu

- Joel

dreamer2057

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:33 am

It is a good news! This update seems to be stunning.

Which devices will be supported in 7.1, Roku 2 and more? And when this amazing update will be available for us?

RokuJoel wrote:
this BB doesn't seem to be able to do tables at the moment

Did you mean EPG-Control update will not be there?
Sincerely, Sergey Shoshin, software developer.

RokuJoel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:15 pm

There is an update to EPG data loading, but I think that is the extent of improvements to the EPG in this release. I was referring to this forum by the term "BB" as in Bulletin Board.

- Joel

dacian_roman23

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 am

Is there a way for a video node to change the color of the loading progress ? Is it possible to change the color of the cursor when using for example a rowList component ?

sudo97

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:51 am

On system v7.0 I could Observe few fields, Load data from memory, server, etc. and then unobserve it and modify without any callbacks. Then I updated to 7.1 and after calling obj.unobserveField("field") -- I got nothing, It doesn't work. Tested on Roku 3 and Roku Stick.

I load settings from registry, and then modify to save it:

sub init()
 m.Settings.action = "read"
 m.Settings.ObserveField("value", "SettingsLoaded")
 m.Settings.control = "RUN"
end sub

sub SettingsLoaded()
 m.value = m.Settings.value
 m.Settings.unobserveField("value")
end sub

sub ChangeSettings()
 m.Settings.action = "write"
 m.Settings.value = m.value REM this calls SettingsLoaded, even when field is unobserved.
 m.Settings.control = "RUN"
end sub

dacian_roman23

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:23 am

i'm trying to create a markuplist that has 2 sections .. videos and shows . I have created the content root node, then a content node for each section with contentType set to section and a title and then content nodes for each item in each section. The items are grouped by sections but i can't see the title of the sections . ..Can you help me out,please ?

juantwc

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:43 am

I am looking for suggestions on how to overcome some of the limitation on the Scene Graph SDK, and would appreciate if anybody has any tips on the following:

1 - It seems that is not possible to subclass a component. If you have a base set of functions, for example, to manage UI element focus, It is a bit counter productive to have to copy and paste the same code in each component. Is there any way to circumvent this ?

2 - It seems that the only way to communicate in an out of components is trough interfaces, which work a lot like 'properties' in an OOP structure. I see though that 'methods' are not supported. Is there a way to get around this?

3- Last but not least, why is it not possible to specify something like a roArray as a valid interface type? the doucumentation seems to suggest that only a few narrow types of very specific array are allowed (2DFloat etc...) , but not just an array of Object for example. The only workaround i have found is to put the array inside an assocarray and it just seems like strange limitation...

Thanks