Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilk1797
Visitor

Can we customize "TextEditBox" node in roku?

I am working on a roku app using scene graph component. I am using TextEditBox node to take input.
My issue is when I type new character after specific length, newly character becomes hidden with "..."  
but I want to show last entered character.

Simply I want behaviour like input box in HTML or roSearchScreen in brightScript.

Can anyone suggest any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
scottgarner
Visitor

Re: Can we customize "TextEditBox" node in roku?

I am also having this problem. Is this a bug? Sure looks like a bug.
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

We ended up creating a custom component based on Label which removes leading characters from display as new keys are typed. It works but not ideal.
0 Kudos
scottgarner
Visitor

Veeta, I would love to know how you guys did that. Mainly, do you have a blinking cursor?
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

"scottgarner" wrote:
Veeta, I would love to know how you guys did that. Mainly, do you have a blinking cursor?

No blinking cursor... it was unnecessary extra functionality.  Our solution wasn't far off from the one outlined in https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101330 though we had a full custom keyboard, not the keyboarddialog.
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"anilk1797" wrote:
I am working on a roku app using scene graph component. I am using TextEditBox node to take input.
My issue is when I type new character after specific length, newly character becomes hidden with "..."  
but I want to show last entered character.

FWIW, a bug / enhancement request ticket has been filed.
0 Kudos
psatish
Visitor

I am trying to change the font of the TextEditBox. Compiler does not give any error, but the font does not change. Is this a bug ?
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

@psatish wrote:
I am trying to change the font of the TextEditBox. Compiler does not give any error, but the font does not change. Is this a bug ?

Any trick for this?

0 Kudos