Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosborne
Visitor

Canceling all subscriptions?

We're getting ready to launch an in-app subscription option for one of our channels but I have two questions:

1. How can I cancel individual subscriptions for users? From the Roku developer portal I can run "reports" but I can't see how I can cancel someones subscription.
2. How do I cancel subscriptions for ALL users, like if I wanted to cancel our subscription offering? Do I just "delete" the product? Is that possible and will that have the desired effect?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
bosborne
Visitor

Re: Canceling all subscriptions?

Bump...
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Bumping again =/
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, there is a web API for cancelling transactions. You can cancel individual subscriptions by using their transaction ID.

To cancel subscriptions for all users, your best bet would probably be just to delete the product itself.
0 Kudos
bosborne
Visitor

Thanks. I see now that there are web services calls for this. I'd like to request that Roku make some of these API requests part of the Roku dev portal. If we can already list transactions for our channels, why can't we cancel or refund them right in the portal? It would make it easier to create and sell subscriptions if we didn't have to write our own API integration to manage them.
0 Kudos
vinoth
Visitor

"RokuTomC" wrote:
Hi, there is a web API for cancelling transactions. You can cancel individual subscriptions by using their transaction ID.

To cancel subscriptions for all users, your best bet would probably be just to delete the product itself.

For Cancel Subscription i m getting this error message Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
HOW COLUD I RESOLVE THIS ERROR
THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT IT FOR CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION 
<result xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <errorCode i:nil="true"/>
    <errorDetails i:nil="true"/>
    <errorMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</errorMessage>
    <status>Failure</status>
</result>

0 Kudos