Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moffatja
Visitor

The channel code provided is not associated with a valid channel.

Hello

I am trying to create a private channel for preview and have run into an issue when I try add the channel to my user account I get the error "The channel code provided is not associated with a valid channel."

I have tried a number of attempts at this all with the same error.. I also tried using a version of the pkg file that I had been previously successful with about 1 week ago and still no success.. 

I have published many channels for preview and only seen this particular issue today.. The developer UI has also changed quite a bit as well so not sure there is any relationship to the error I am seeing.. 

Help !!!!!

Thanks
JAmes
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: The channel code provided is not associated with a valid channel.

Which URL are you using?
Try a known 3rd party code, like say "pandora" - does that show an error too?
0 Kudos
moffatja
Visitor

Hi

Yes I tried pandora and this does not work either..

I used the following URL to test. Is this correct or is there a better one to try ?
https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=pandora

Cheers
James
0 Kudos
moffatja
Visitor

After some further investigation I think know why the issue is happening.. 

I live in Canada and my user account is setup as Canadian..

When I setup the channels.. I select both US and Canada for the app stores.. It appears the Canadian setting is not retained.. When I go back to edit the channel all I see is US..

I am guessing it will not let me ad the US app to my Canadian user account..

Seems the new GUI might have some issues ?

Help !!

Cheers
James
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"moffatja" wrote:

When I setup the channels.. I select both US and Canada for the app stores.. It appears the Canadian setting is not retained.. When I go back to edit the channel all I see is US..

Seems like a good guess. Just to verify - you are saying that in the dev. portal under "properties" (https://developer.roku.com/developer-ch ... perties/...) for the channel when you select all countries - and after Save only US remains?!
0 Kudos

We encountered exactly the same problem when creating a private channel over the last two days, so it does indeed appear to be a bug in the website. No matter which regions we select, it only save the US one.
0 Kudos
moffatja
Visitor

"EnTerr" wrote:
"moffatja" wrote:

Seems like a good guess. Just to verify - you are saying that in the dev. portal under "properties" (https://developer.roku.com/developer-ch ... perties/...) for the channel when you select all countries - and after Save only US remains?!

Yes... I select Canada and US.. and only US is retained.
Cheers
James
0 Kudos
waxfalcon
Visitor

I got this problem yesterday and realized thanks to a friend in Canada who tried to add a channel that I published using Instant TV Channel for Roku.
My channel has a good number of installations (also in Canada) according to Roku.com's Stats and it is working good on my Roku device.
I thought this problem showed when trying to add using the vanity code, could be due an update or upgrade, so I did another test channel with the same developer website and upload the APK with the same bad result.
My channel's name is "TV Chile en vivo" and it uses IPTV open and free transmissions of free and public chilean TV channels.
Please help me. So far, the problem continues.
Visit www.transferchiletours.com and get 10% off mentioning you are a Roku developer
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"waxfalcon" wrote:
I got this problem yesterday and realized thanks to a friend in Canada who tried to add a channel that I published using Instant TV Channel for Roku.
My channel has a good number of installations (also in Canada) according to Roku.com's Stats and it is working good on my Roku device.
I thought this problem showed when trying to add using the vanity code, could be due an update or upgrade, so I did another test channel with the same developer website and upload the APK with the same bad result.
My channel's name is "TV Chile en vivo" and it uses IPTV open and free transmissions of free and public chilean TV channels.
Please help me. So far, the problem continues.

i don't understand from your description what the problem is.
But, assuming you are talking about https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7 ... tv-en-vivo - which is an already published, public channel - just email partnerSuccess at roku.com and sort it out with them

PS. the currently published version is 1.0.3 and you have some v1.0.7 that may be stuck in "publishing" state? Does that relate to above? AFAIR, when making changes you have to push through to re-publish, just changing availability in one screen but not submitting won't republish the metadata
0 Kudos