Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opya
Visitor

Roku 4 crash and reboot on Scene Graph

Hi,

Device: Roku 4 - 4400X
Firmware: version 7.5.0 - build 4102-17

Roku device reboot randomly when upload new code. I can't figure it out why this is happens because this behavior is seen even if uploaded code is from Roku Scene Graph examples ...
Device reboot randomly, first telnet session is dropped, second remote control not working, after several seconds to minute the whole device died. Sometimes device work for 10-15 minutes without reboot but this is pain to develop on.

I start to develop simple app just to learn Scene Graph. My task is to develop app with many different screens for standings, results, statistics for sports portal but with this problems i can't go further ... i can't build even simple navigation because device reboot to often.

Please help.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
taylorcw
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 4 crash and reboot on Scene Graph

This happens to me as well sometimes. I've seen it on the stick, Roku 3 and 4.
0 Kudos
opya
Visitor

"taylorcw" wrote:
This happens to me as well sometimes. I've seen it on the stick, Roku 3 and 4.

Hi, taylorcw,
Thank you to reply, how often this happens with stick and Roku 3 ? because on my Roku 4 is a big pain to develop.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Business as usual :mrgreen:

A pro-tip i got years ago from a Roku "old salt" was to add an ECP Home press to your deployment script, right before uploading a new bundle. That's ensure new app does not get loaded while another is running.
0 Kudos
the_mace
Channel Surfer

"EnTerr" wrote:
Business as usual :mrgreen:

A pro-tip i got years ago from a Roku "old salt" was to add an ECP Home press to your deployment script, right before uploading a new bundle. That's ensure new app does not get loaded while another is running.

It's rebooting on me many times a day during deployment. No good reason for it, re-deploying works. Whats an "ECP Home Press"? Can you elaborate?

Nevermind, found this: https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/External+Control+API#ExternalControlAPI-ExternalControlServiceCommands

Nice. 
0 Kudos