Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

alkeown
Topic Author

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:35 am

[quote="BurkhardiCheck your router settings, what router is it?
Baby steps..We'll get ya there! 8)[/quote]

It's a Linksys 5 input switch. The Nameplate says Model EZXS55W. I bought it at Fry's Electronics and it's a bottom-of-the-line unit.

I don't know how to check any router settings.
Al K

Burkhardi

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:33 am

alkeown wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:
Check your router settings, what router is it?
Baby steps..We'll get ya there! 8)

It's a Linksys 5 input switch. The Nameplate says Model EZXS55W. I bought it at Fry's Electronics and it's a bottom-of-the-line unit.

I don't know how to check any router settings.

OK, what's your full setup? You have DSL, right? The DSL comes in to the DSL modem, then to the Linksys EZXS55W then to the other components (like PC's and such with ethernet calbes)? Or is there a Router in the middle (between the DSL modem and Linksys switch)?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

alkeown
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:22 pm

OK, what's your full setup?

Three inputs to the switch:

cable to/from DSL cable modem
cable to/from pc
cable to/from HD1000

This setup has never changed. I had lots of problems when I first got the HD1000, but I finally got a software version that worked. This arrangement worked for at least a year with no major problems. Version 2.0.28 firmware.

New: Anyone know where I can get Mplay for version 2.0.28? I just reloaded 0.28 and now Mplay doesn't work. The link on the mplay website doesn't work.
Al K

Burkhardi

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Try sending an email to Marcelo3d ( marcelo3d@hotmail.com ) and see if he has an archived version.

So I assume there is no way to log into the EZXS55W? I assume it has no internal web page?

I was reading on Linksys' support forum about this switch, it seems to need to be reboot quite a bit. However, keep in mind that people who are happy, normaly don't post there. So this could be just a very,very small amount of the user base for the switch.

next time it happens, try just resetting the switch (unplug and plug back the power) and see if it fixes it. Then we can go from there.

Sorry I could not be more helpful! Matt

alkeown wrote:
OK, what's your full setup?

Three inputs to the switch:

cable to/from DSL cable modem
cable to/from pc
cable to/from HD1000

This setup has never changed. I had lots of problems when I first got the HD1000, but I finally got a software version that worked. This arrangement worked for at least a year with no major problems. Version 2.0.28 firmware.

New: Anyone know where I can get Mplay for version 2.0.28? I just reloaded 0.28 and now Mplay doesn't work. The link on the mplay website doesn't work.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

alkeown
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:00 am

Thanks Matt,

I had to go back to version 2.0.36 and the appropriate version of Mplay. After a lot of frustration I finally got everything working again by disconnecting the DSL cable. Thirty minutes later I got a picture freeze, so it couldn't be the DSL connection. Anyway, I'm going to buy a different switch. Thanks for your help.
Al K

Burkhardi

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:09 am

alkeown wrote:
Thanks Matt,

I had to go back to version 2.0.36 and the appropriate version of Mplay. After a lot of frustration I finally got everything working again by disconnecting the DSL cable. Thirty minutes later I got a picture freeze, so it couldn't be the DSL connection. Anyway, I'm going to buy a different switch. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome Al!
Good luck! Lets hope it an easy fix (swap the switch). Food for thought, this may not apply to you, but some folks had issues with 2.0.36, also I think its missing the options menu for Sonata/Listen.
If this still plagues you after the new switch (my fingers are crossed that it will not), you might try 2.0.35

alkeown
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:34 pm

I hooked up a new router, rebooted the HD1000, and everything works. I can't believe that I suffered with the old one for so long.
Al K

Burkhardi

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:53 pm

alkeown wrote:
I hooked up a new router, rebooted the HD1000, and everything works. I can't believe that I suffered with the old one for so long.

Hi Al,
So you got a router (with switch) and not just a switch this time? What model number is it?
Don't knock yourself too bad, I had an old dinosaur for a long time, and didn't want to buy something if I didn't need it, but the M1000 would not work with my BEFW114S, so I bought a WRT54GS and have not looked back. I really hope to not see a reply on this thread for a week or two and then a "Well, all is well, I guess that was it".

Keeping my fingers crossed, Matt

dgburns

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:27 am

Burkhardi wrote:
Don't knock yourself too bad, I had an old dinosaur for a long time

I had an old dinosaur 802.11b only router for WAY longer than I should have. Since upgrading to a 802.11n Dlink DIR-655 (which has gig-E, very nice switch) I've had no problems and get MUCH better wireless speeds, even on a device like a SoundBridge that is 802.11b only.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

alkeown
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:06 am

So you got a router (with switch) and not just a switch this time? What model number is it?

It's a U.S. robotics router model USR8004. Yes, it's a cheapie, but it works. One interesting thing in the troubleshooting section......If all else fails, "disconnect and reconnect the power to the router." I love computers!
Al K

BarryMaync

Problems After PS Fix

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi

Have tried the hard reset which solved the problem with not being able to turn the Newton on. Unfortunately It still decharges rapidly and cant be turned on if battery is below 22. It seems like it cant go into hibernation mode or turn of automatically after use.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks
https://www.nacdd1305.org/