Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jayerndl
Topic Author

Remote Control Not Working

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 am

I just purchased my 2nd photobridge. It is a Rev A unit and has version 1.5.18 software loaded. It did not come with a remote control so I tried using the remote from my other photobridge and the unit doesn't respond to the remote. The remote does work fine with my original photobridge (rev 2.0.36). Does anyone have any ideas (other than a defective photobridge) as to what would cause the remote not to work or how to fix it. I sure would like to get this working and not have to deal with returning it back to the seller. Thanks.

Jay

RokuMike

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:10 am

All PhotoBridge units used the same remote control and same codes, so if it works to control one, it should really work to control the other.

I can't think of any good reason why it wouldn't work.

Burkhardi

Re: Remote Control Not Working

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:08 am

jayerndl wrote:
I just purchased my 2nd photobridge. It is a Rev A unit and has version 1.5.18 software loaded. It did not come with a remote control so I tried using the remote from my other photobridge and the unit doesn't respond to the remote. The remote does work fine with my original photobridge (rev 2.0.36). Does anyone have any ideas (other than a defective photobridge) as to what would cause the remote not to work or how to fix it. I sure would like to get this working and not have to deal with returning it back to the seller. Thanks.

Jay

Will the unit respond to the buttons on the front of the unit?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

jayerndl
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 am

Burkhardi wrote:
Yes the front buttons work fine. Has anyone ever heard of the remote sensor going bad? If so, is a replacement part available from Roku or someone else? Thanks.

Jay

Burkhardi

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:50 pm

jayerndl wrote:
Burkhardi wrote:
Yes the front buttons work fine. Has anyone ever heard of the remote sensor going bad? If so, is a replacement part available from Roku or someone else? Thanks.

Jay

It can happen. You have two units, right? If they are both out of warranty, you might open the one that is not work with the remote and make sure the gray ribbon cable is seated nicely on the motherboard.

When I get home, I'll check to see if the IR deciever is on the MoBo or part of the front pannel and we can go from there. Then perhaps you can swap some parts from the other to see which portion is not working, or get an oscope and see if you see any IR data.

you should be able to get the IR deciever from Digikey or the like. I can help you with that later too.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

jayerndl
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
It can happen. You have two units, right? If they are both out of warranty, you might open the one that is not work with the remote and make sure the gray ribbon cable is seated nicely on the motherboard.

When I get home, I'll check to see if the IR deciever is on the MoBo or part of the front pannel and we can go from there. Then perhaps you can swap some parts from the other to see which portion is not working, or get an oscope and see if you see any IR data.

you should be able to get the IR deciever from Digikey or the like. I can help you with that later too.

Wow, thanks for the offer of help. I am reluctant to take the unit apart at this time because there is a tamper seal present and I don't want the seller to suspect that the unit's defective because I was messing around inside. Hopefully I will find out soon how the seller is going to handle the problem and also find out if he is OK with me removing the cover. Thanks again.

Jay

jayerndl
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:32 pm

I just spoke to the seller and I am sending the unit back for a refund so don't go to the trouble of taking you unit apart. Thanks again for the help.

Jay

Burkhardi

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi Jay,
No problem! Glad the seller was so easy to work with.
Regards, Matt