Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

znutar
Topic Author

setting up a wireless-G bridge

Tue May 01, 2007 1:38 pm

My home network presently uses WPA-PSK security and requires a 63bit password. Am I correct in assuming that I will have to switch to WEP in order to enter the password in the setup of the HD1000?

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: setting up a wireless-G bridge

Tue May 01, 2007 1:50 pm

znutar wrote:
My home network presently uses WPA-PSK security and requires a 63bit password. Am I correct in assuming that I will have to switch to WEP in order to enter the password in the setup of the HD1000?

Not if you're using a bridge. As far as the HD1000 is concerned, it should be set up as though it's wired. The wireless configuration should be done entirely on the bridge itself.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

znutar
Topic Author

setting up a wireless-G bridge

Tue May 01, 2007 1:59 pm

OK, then, what am I doing wrong? I'm following the instructions in the RokuWIFI.pdf I downloaded, which instructs me to go to the setup menu, get to the Wireless page, and then enter the SSID and password.

Are you saying that it is sufficient to plug a properly configured bridge into the ethernet port and I'm good to go? Could it be that simple?

Thanks in advance.

-Znutar

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: setting up a wireless-G bridge

Tue May 01, 2007 4:27 pm

znutar wrote:
OK, then, what am I doing wrong? I'm following the instructions in the RokuWIFI.pdf I downloaded, which instructs me to go to the setup menu, get to the Wireless page, and then enter the SSID and password.

Are you saying that it is sufficient to plug a properly configured bridge into the ethernet port and I'm good to go? Could it be that simple?

Thanks in advance.

-Znutar

It's exactly that simple. The wireless settings on the HD1000 are for use with USB wireless adapters.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

rola

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:34 am

well,Tha's what I'm looking for.