Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mohuska
Topic Author

Nothing Happens

Thu May 03, 2007 5:44 pm

I have not used my ROKU for quite awhile and returned from a trip to display some pictures. Unit is plugged in, but no lights, no NOTHING!!

HELP!!!!

Mike

jm_maclaren

Thu May 03, 2007 7:13 pm

sounds like a broken power supply. There is a detailed thread http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=2261 showing how to repair your roku using a morex external power supply.

Burkhardi

Pyramid Audio can fix it.

Fri May 04, 2007 4:16 am

mohuska wrote:
I have not used my ROKU for quite awhile and returned from a trip to display some pictures. Unit is plugged in, but no lights, no NOTHING!!

HELP!!!!

Mike

Help is here...
look at the 11th post in this thread ( http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=270 )
and we would be happy to repair the unit for you.

Is the unit out of warranty? Is so, cut the "void" sticker and open it up (4 screws on the bottom (next to the feet) and three screws on the back) and see if the power supply light is on or not.

If the unit is still in warranty, a third option is to send it to Roku under warranty. I assume your unit is more then a year old?
Regards, Matt

Just food for thought, the Morex is $55 plus shipping and you still have to do a custom install to get the supply to work, it's not a direct replacment. Also, the Morex will only address the power supply, if the mother board has an issue, then you have to repair that too. However, serveral people have done the Morex themself and had great resutls and as JM posted, there are plenty of posts here to hold your hand whilst you do it.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku