Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dako
Topic Author

Help needed with Network Setup....please

Sun May 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi,

I just received a Roku HD1000 from Ebay and am very excited to use it, the only problem is that I cannot get it networked. I have tried several configurations, but no network sharing.

My Roku has the new version of 2.0.36 and was able for it to find an ip address, not sure if it's a rev B though.

Currently I have a wireless G VoIP Linksys Router WRTP54G and my home has a wired ethernet jack in every room, with all thier ends points converging in my den (and connect to this router). We have two laptops that connect wirelessly and one dell desktop that connects to this router with ethernet.

I also tried using a Linksys cable modem/router BEFSR41 where the roku and my laptop are conneced via this router. Again I was able to establish an ip address for the Roku but was not able to share any folders.

I have read through the forums, but am a bit confused. Are there any other tips or tricks that I can use?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Dako

jm_maclaren

Sun May 13, 2007 6:12 pm

2 things

1. are your folders shared under windows (my xp shows a little hand icon underneath my shared drive)
2. did you go into setup, do a clear & rescan. they should show up and then check the boxes.

Mine are all on a linksys router and are wired they work fine.

If you get an ip. try opening a shell on your pc and telnetting to the roku
the user is root

If you can't telnet that would be a problem

James

dako
Topic Author

Mon May 14, 2007 12:42 pm

James,

Thank you for your reply. As it turns out, all I needed to do was turn off a firewall setting on my computer.

Everything works fine.

Thanks,
Dako