Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dkippy
Topic Author

PhotoBridge HD Sharing with Vista PC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:50 am

I can use some serious help on this one. Here is my configuration and the problem i am having is that the HD-1000 does not show any shared network folders or files.

PhotoBridge has been given IP address
Wired Connection from D-Link router
HP s7700n Vista PC also on wired LAN

I've set up the PC to have file sharing. I also turned off the firewall in the PC but when I look at the network from that PC or others I can not see the Roku unit listed even though it is connected and the IP Port shows activity.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've emailed Roku tech support, NOTHING. I tried calling but they won't let me speak to anybody. This is a client owned device he just purchased and we are trying to integrate for him. Please help :shock:

RokuLyndon

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:55 am

When did you email support? Are you saying we didn't reply or that you didn't get the help you needed?

Your post says you looked for the photobridge from the computers, but that's now how it works.

On the photobridge, is the unit's IP address listed at the top of the screen when you are in the setup menu?

Did you go into the network shares menu on the photobridge, and have it search for shares? From the photobridge, if the shares show up properly, you can choose which ones you want to use for slideshows.

dkippy
Topic Author

Reply to post

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Thanks. I emailed support and when I didn't hear back called yesterday. A girl then entered another support submittal.

I reset the unit and the unit goes to look for the shared files and comes back with nothing. I confirmed there are files in the Vista PC that are set up for sharing as follows.

c:/user/saad/pictures

The firewall is turned off on the PC. I tried going to www.rokulabs.com/support to see if there where any white papers or notes but couldn't find anything to investigate further. The unit has an IP address that I can ping.

Any recommendations?

Burkhardi

Re: PhotoBridge HD Sharing with Vista PC

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:33 pm

You will probably not see the HD1000 on your LAN.
As a matter of fact, the internal web page just has the ole "hello world" and that's it.

You set the items you want to use for file sharing on the PC (at least the way I read your post you did)? Then on the HD1000, did you go into setup and network share and scan for new shares and then put a check mark on the (up to four) shares you want to look at/use?

I hope this is usefull, Matt

dkippy wrote:
I can use some serious help on this one. Here is my configuration and the problem i am having is that the HD-1000 does not show any shared network folders or files.

PhotoBridge has been given IP address
Wired Connection from D-Link router
HP s7700n Vista PC also on wired LAN

I've set up the PC to have file sharing. I also turned off the firewall in the PC but when I look at the network from that PC or others I can not see the Roku unit listed even though it is connected and the IP Port shows activity.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've emailed Roku tech support, NOTHING. I tried calling but they won't let me speak to anybody. This is a client owned device he just purchased and we are trying to integrate for him. Please help :shock:
Last edited by Burkhardi on Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Burkhardi

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Which firmware version are you running? It shoudl be under settings on the main portion. if it's 2.0.15 (or lower) then that may be your issue, try 2.0.35

Are you under the gun with this since its for a customer?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku