Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jm_maclaren

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:40 pm

You could try creating a new folder on c: then right clicking on it and sharing it. You get the option to turn off part of the windows firewall that blocks sharing. Now see if after rebooting the roku you can see it. When I open the disk the shared folder has a little hand under it.

I am 90% convinced it is the pc and windows. You are sure that you don;t have any other firewalls like macaffee. As the smbclient didn't see your server.

I believe it is on port 445 and 139.

Also try from the command shell on your pc
net server stop

then

net server start

and see if rebooting the roku finds the shares,

If you have another pc on your network you can also try to see if the shared folders are visible.

Also when your router was in the loop could you ping www.google.com from the roku command line?

if your computer name is djt1r661 (on my computer properties ) which is mine then I made a shared folder mvpmc and gave it that shared name
then I can mount by hand via

mkdir /mnt/smb/mvpmc

smbmount //djt1r661/mvpmc /mnt/smb/mvpmc -o username=guest

what happens if you try by hand to mount a share?

or try via its ip number rather the the name i.e.
smbmount //192.168.1.101/mvpmc /mnt/smb/mvpmc -o username=guest

both forms mount the folder for me. I think seeing the error might help.

Good luck and I am sure we will figure it out.

JVDeals
Topic Author

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi James,

Good news... I had to post a job on Guru.com to figure this out. A great guy from Canada figured it out pretty fast. Under my Network Connections, the "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks" was NOT checked. That fixed it.

Thanks for all your help. We did use your guidance in solving this.

Again, I really appreciate your time.

Kindly,
Ted

jm_maclaren

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 pm

yep, that would do it. I just don't know windows very well. My final suggestion would have been to turn off sharing then turn it on via right clicking & properties, As when you do that it sets all the right options, Glad your PB is working now!

Eager-Gold-Eager

Re: No Network Servers Found????

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 am

Hello everybody, JVDeals I also encountered that problem, thank you for the explanation, I learned. Want to go to school to more in this forum, but also to share more!