Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chackett
Topic Author

Photobridge sharing with Leopard?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:32 am

Hi,

Have any of the Mac people out there gotten this to work? I had SMB sharing working fine with my Photobridge when my Mac was running Tiger, but upgrading to Leopard seems to have broken SMB; I keep getting a "Port 139 is closed" message when I try to activate a new share on the Photobridge (it's finding the new shares OK, since they show up in the list). I've changed firewall settings and even completel turned off the firewall, and have confirmed that port 139 is open on my Mac by doing a port scan, but I still get "Port 139 closed" messages on the Photrobridge.

The smb.conf file is completely different in Leopard, so Apple has apparently changed the networking code considerably in this new release. I don't know enough about SAMBA to try to figure out what might be different, but I'm hoping that some of the more knowlegable mac users out there might have already figured this one out. I'd hate to have to revert to the previous OS, but I will if I can't get the Photobridge working.
Roku HD1000 Rev B
Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma
Artison Portrait LCR
Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR
Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-V2500
Motorola DCT-6412
Home Theater Master MX-3000

Kingcohiba

I can't help but....

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:33 pm

You sound like a mac guy. I am having trouble configuring my HD 1000 Version B to connect with my desktop. It has my wifi signal but I get a message saying it cannot negotiate the IP address. No where does it ask me for an IP address in the set up so I am confused. I am using Tiger not Leopard.

Thanks,

Matthew

P.S. Also have the Pioneer Elite 50" with a Yamaha receive and Polk Subwoofer and center channel

chackett
Topic Author

Re: I can't help but....

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Kingcohiba wrote:
You sound like a mac guy. I am having trouble configuring my HD 1000 Version B to connect with my desktop. It has my wifi signal but I get a message saying it cannot negotiate the IP address. No where does it ask me for an IP address in the set up so I am confused. I am using Tiger not Leopard.

Thanks,

Matthew

P.S. Also have the Pioneer Elite 50" with a Yamaha receive and Polk Subwoofer and center channel

It's a nice TV, isn't it?

Sorry, I haven't been frequenting the forums much lately. When I set up my system with Tiger, I just followed the directions in the pdf file on the Roku web site. It worked perfectly the first time. You might try searching for the script by soiaf that lets you set up a static IP address; it has helped other people with connectivity problems (I'm using it myself, but just because it's easier to telnet into the Roku if the ip address doesn't change (OK, I'm lazy).

Let me know if you have trouble finding the script or using it.

Craig
Roku HD1000 Rev B

Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma

Artison Portrait LCR

Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR

Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer

Yamaha RX-V2500

Motorola DCT-6412

na9d

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Since OS X 10.5.4, I can't access my SMB shares on my Macs either. :( Says "User/Pass OK but read permission denied."

Anyone know how to fix? My PB's are worthless w/o one...
Roku Soundbridge M2000
Roku Soundbridge M1000
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevB
Roku Photobridge HD1000 RevA
3 ReplayTVs
4 Slingboxes (Classic and Pro, AV and Solo)
Firefly Media Server and SlimServer Running on a MacPro
2 Vudu VOD Players

chackett
Topic Author

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry, I haven't been able to figure this out. I finally gave up and put my apps on a flash card. Means I can only use Slimserver (no Mplay), but that's mostly what I used it for anyways.

I'm really PO'd at Apple; they've apparently changed all of the networking code. It's probably easy to fix if you're a unix guru, but I'm not, so I'm stuck.
Roku HD1000 Rev B

Pioneer Elite 50" Plasma

Artison Portrait LCR

Polk 60ti L, R, LR, RR

Velodyne DD-18 Subwoofer

Yamaha RX-V2500

Motorola DCT-6412

jmsaul

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:29 am

I had the same problem, and made the rounds of both this forum and the Apple one to no avail.

It doesn't appear solveable.

So I've switched to an XBox 360 with Rivet, and my HD1000s are now a thing of the past (actually I still have them but am not using them).

jm_maclaren

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm

could you not use nfs to export the directory? I am no mac expert but it works fine from linux