Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

zgreen
Topic Author

picture bridge 1000 has ip but wont find server

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:57 pm

I recently bought the Roku picture bridge and have it connected to my home theater. It is networked through a dlink wbr1310 to my desktop computer. When I go to the network tab on the Roku menu it displays the ip address of 192.168.0.100, but will not find the server. I have disabled the firewall on my computer, updated the firware version on my router, pinged the roku (sucessful), telneted to the roku (sucessful) etc, etc... Nothing seems to be working. I would appreciate any new ideas.

S80_UK

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:10 am

Hi,

I assume you bought this previously owned? The address you quoted sounds like it may be a fixed IP address (192.168.0.100). Do the other addresses on your network also begin 192.168.0...? If not, it may be that the previous owner fixed the IP address for their network and you will either need to change it or un-fix it to work with your network (not too hard to do).

If the other devices on your network do have addresses beginning 192.168.0... then there may be firewall issues that prevent the PhotoBridge from seeing the server.

In my experience, the PB has always been much better at share discovery than many other products.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

Burkhardi

Re: picture bridge 1000 has ip but wont find server

Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:20 am

zgreen wrote:
I recently bought the Roku picture bridge and have it connected to my home theater. It is networked through a dlink wbr1310 to my desktop computer. When I go to the network tab on the Roku menu it displays the ip address of 192.168.0.100, but will not find the server. I have disabled the firewall on my computer, updated the firware version on my router, pinged the roku (sucessful), telneted to the roku (sucessful) etc, etc... Nothing seems to be working. I would appreciate any new ideas.

OK, silly question time.
    What firmware version are you running on your HD1K (e.g. 2.0.35, 1.5.18 etc)?
    Have you setup "Sharing" for the folders on PC that hosts the data you want?
    Have you gone into setup on the HD1K and had it scan for shards?

Do you have any third party applications yet? If so, try to put WeatherSix on a CF card and stick it in the HD1k and launch the app and see if it can pull weather data for Palo Alto (it's default city). THat will let us know if it can see outside or not.

I have my money on not having your folders set to share. You should see a little icon of a hand holding said folders when you have said foldes setup right.

Have you restrored the unit to factory defualts? You might try that if you can't get it to work.

Anyway, your at the right place, we can get you going, we just gotta do it one step at a time.

I agree with Les, the HD1K is very friendly for finding shares.
Regards, Matt
Last edited by Burkhardi on Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

zgreen
Topic Author

picture bridge 1000 has ip but wont find server

Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:20 pm

I did buy it previously owned. I have reset the PB and the ip address that is shown is mine. All of my other computers etc have the same 192.168.0.... I have been able to network my wifes computer and see the shared files using McAfee's "easy network". I am running firware version 2.0.10. The folders have been set to share and do have the hand under them. I have reset teh PB to factoy defaults. Any help is appreciated. I also tried to disable firewalls on McAfee, the windows security center and the router, didn't make any difference.
Thanks

Burkhardi

Re: picture bridge 1000 has ip but wont find server

Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 pm

zgreen wrote:
I did buy it previously owned. I have reset the PB and the ip address that is shown is mine. All of my other computers etc have the same 192.168.0.... I have been able to network my wifes computer and see the shared files using McAfee's "easy network". I am running firware version 2.0.10. The folders have been set to share and do have the hand under them. I have reset teh PB to factoy defaults. Any help is appreciated. I also tried to disable firewalls on McAfee, the windows security center and the router, didn't make any difference.
Thanks

Did you have the HD1000 Photobridge scan for network shares?
If so, did it find any at all?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

zgreen
Topic Author

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes. I had it scan for shares and clear and scan or whatever the other option is. Either way it comes back with no network server found.

Burkhardi

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:29 am

zgreen wrote:
Yes. I had it scan for shares and clear and scan or whatever the other option is. Either way it comes back with no network server found.

On the back of the unit, there are some LEDs for the Ethernet port. Are these lit up and do they blink?

You also stated that it does show an IP address in your IP range, as well as the DNS and such, right?

HAve you tried to run weatherSix from the CF slot to see if the HD1000 can see the outside world?

http://mysite.verizon.net/hjohns1/index.htm