Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Jim
Topic Author

Not Able to "Scan" NEtwork Shares

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:28 am

My wireless network finds my network shares but when I attempt to "browse" for images, the screen goes into the scanning mode and goes no further. IT has been attempting to scan 1 of my network drives for over 30 minutes now. If I reboot the Roku HD-1000, the same thing occurs. Can anyone help?

RokuPatrick

Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:03 am

What version of software do you have on your HD1000? How many images are on your share?

Jim
Topic Author

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:16 pm

I don't understand this machine. I can unplug the power cord and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes or so, then plug it back in and everything will work perfectly. Then I can turn the unit off using the remote control and when I attempt to use the unit again in a day or so, different things will not work each time. One time the network shares will not show up, the next time it can't scan the network shares, the next time applications won't work, etc. So far I have usually been able to get it to work again by removing the power cable and leaving it for a while. Is this a problem with the beta software/wireless network or does it sound like a defective unit???
Thanks for any help!!!

blacksnake

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:42 pm

I had this problem before. Turned out that the unit sometimes changes the IP settings. Try to set the Static IP to see if it makes any differences. It works for me.
Good luck

Jim wrote:
I don't understand this machine. I can unplug the power cord and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes or so, then plug it back in and everything will work perfectly. Then I can turn the unit off using the remote control and when I attempt to use the unit again in a day or so, different things will not work each time. One time the network shares will not show up, the next time it can't scan the network shares, the next time applications won't work, etc. So far I have usually been able to get it to work again by removing the power cable and leaving it for a while. Is this a problem with the beta software/wireless network or does it sound like a defective unit???
Thanks for any help!!!