Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

st11
Topic Author

Playlists

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:51 am

Hi All,

First post.

I have managed to setup my Roku, obtained IP address no real problems there. Configured a new rule for my firewall to accept traffic on the 192.168.x.x network all well and good.

I can see my shares and access them no problems.

Trouble I have is that I am unable to see any of my playlists. I know this has been discussed and I am not wishing to repeat this topic, but I have yet been unable to find anything that helps me on previous threads.

I have Dell's MusicMatch. This sits in

C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH

I am assuming that when I create a new playlist MusicMatch will create this in

C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH

However all of my music files are in

D:\My Music

This is my share point for music. Therefore I need to export the playlist to this location for my Roku to see it.

When I navigate to the playlist there is nothing underneath.

Is this my problem? The playlist is generated with locations from c: to d: and the Roku doesnt understand c: as its not shared?

Or somehow I need to get rid of c: and d: with //

Can someone please spell out exactly what I need to to do. I know that absolute and relative paths have been mentioned, but exactly how does one go about changing this.

Thanks in advance

Steve

MoJo

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:06 am

Steve, definitely lots of threads covering playlists. In fact, search for my name (Mojo) and you should find several very detailed posts on how to make playlists work.

I believe MusicMatch creates playlists with hard coded paths such as C:\ or D:\. The Roku has no idea what C:\ is so you need to change everything to relative paths.

Create your playlist in .m3u format and place it in the root location of your music. When you launch "listen" and all of your music shows up navigate down the list and find your playlist listed there. If you have all your t's crossed and i's dotted, so to speak, everything in your playlist will show up (like an album) when you select it.

EDIT: Actually, go to this thread and find my name near the bottom of page 2. I helped Gregavi on Page 2 and 3 to create a playlist. Also, there is a link in one of my posts at the bottom of page 2 with even more info.

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1977&highlight=

(also) Steve

st11
Topic Author

Playlist

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:46 am

Think I am getting closer.

Here are a few lines from my playlist from Wordpad created by MusicMatch that I have exported to D:\My Music

D:\My Music\J - O\Ocean Colour Scene\One From the Modern\Ocean Colour Scene - I Am the News.mp3
D:\My Music\P - S\Snow Patrol\Final Straw\Snow Patrol - Ways & Means.mp3
D:\My Music\T- Z\The Tragically Hip\Fully Completely\The Tragically Hip - Looking for a Place to Happen.mp3
D:\My Music\A - J\Doves\Some Cities [Promo Enhanced]\Doves - Snowden.mp3

Am I to understand that if I place my playlist in D:\My Music it should look like this

.\J - O\Ocean Colour Scene\One From the Modern\Ocean Colour Scene - I Am the News.mp3
.\P - S\Snow Patrol\Final Straw\Snow Patrol - Ways & Means.mp3
.\T- Z\The Tragically Hip\Fully Completely\The Tragically Hip - Looking for a Place to Happen.mp3
.\A - J\Doves\Some Cities [Promo Enhanced]\Doves - Snowden.mp3

Thanks for your help and your quick reply. I did look at the thread and it was indeed helpful. I dont think its a permissions issue as the account I use on the Roku is my account and I have full admin rights.

Thanks once again

Steve

st11
Topic Author

Sorted

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:57 am

Many thanks Mojo, got it sorted now.

Regards

Steve