Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

digitalant
Topic Author

Screensaver not working with TiVo pause?

Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:48 pm

When I purchased the HD1000 I was looking to use if for a few things. One of the major reasons for purchase was the screensaver function with component video pass-thru.

I am not sure what is going on, but I have the screensaver to go on after 15 seconds (during testing) I haver No Video set to Auto On and No Motion to Power on. My receiver component monitor output is connected to the HD1000 video input and the HD1000 video output is connected to my Panasonic 50" Plasma.

The screensaver automatically turns on when I put the dvd player on and the main screen is still so it seems to be working right?.... BUT if I switch to the TiVo video output and pause the TiVo the HD1000 will NOT auto on or go into screensaver mode. I've tried this with a live program and a recorded program in both HD and SD. Neither triggers the screensaver.

Any help would be appreciated as using the pause button on TiVo is a Godsend, but I'd rather not trash my plasma as a result and thought that the HD1000 would be the ticket.

Thanks in advance.
Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY
HD DirecTiVo HR10-250
Onkyo TX-SR702
Onkyo DVP-C702
Roky HD1000 1.5.18

digitalant
Topic Author

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:20 pm

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this? 57 people looked at, does this mean no one else is having this problem?
Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY

HD DirecTiVo HR10-250

Onkyo TX-SR702

Onkyo DVP-C702

Roky HD1000 1.5.18

gatech90

Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:19 pm

You will not 'trash' your Plasma because of a Tivo Pause. I have a Sony Tivo but I believe all Tivo work the same. A pause will only last 10 min or so and then revert back to Live TV. I have left my Tivo on pause many times using the same plasma as yours and it is still in perfect order.

Back to your original question, I don't know why the PB screen saver doesn't come on during a pause. Maybe it is seeing/detecting some kind of screen movement that we can't see.

kenb

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I concur with gatech90. It is highly unlikely that you suffer burn in after 10 minutes of pause. I would be far more concerned about the TIVO Main Menu. Unlike pause, which leaves a unique image on the screen each time, the main menu is always the same and is more likely to cause cumulative harm.

Hit the TIVO button and leave it on the main menu, then see if the Roku kicks in as you want. This will help detect the problem.

If it does work, just hit TIVO instead of pause, then use 'Resume Playback'. A little more work, but still some peace of mind.
KenB

digitalant
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:05 pm

the only problem with this is that the TiVo menu (at least on DireTiVo models) is not static. The DirecTV banner keeps growing and shrinking and TiVo guys antennae keep moving. I wouldn't mind this workaround, but it's not working!

The pause on the DVD does trigger the screensaver however...so I'm not sure what it could be. I have the TiVo connected through component cabling.
Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY

HD DirecTiVo HR10-250

Onkyo TX-SR702

Onkyo DVP-C702

Roky HD1000 1.5.18