Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jriihi
Topic Author

compact flash card reader required for 1st setup or not?

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:33 am

Hi

Just wanted to ask if i need compact flash card reader on pc for 1st time setup of upgrading to 2.0.34 firmware when i get my roku with art pack (256MB compact flash card) or can i just copy files using network to memory card by telnet/ssh to roku and copying from there?

soiaf

Re: compact flash card reader required for 1st setup or not?

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:11 pm

jriihi wrote:
Hi

Just wanted to ask if i need compact flash card reader on pc for 1st time setup of upgrading to 2.0.34 firmware when i get my roku with art pack (256MB compact flash card) or can i just copy files using network to memory card by telnet/ssh to roku and copying from there?

Its certainly possible to copy the file over via the network to the compact flash card in your Roku (so you don't need a pc compact flash reader/writer).

jriihi
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:38 pm

soiaf wrote:
Its certainly possible to copy the file over via the network to the compact flash card in your Roku (so you don't need a pc compact flash reader/writer).

Great. Thanks :) Now i just need that package to arrive then.

soiaf

Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:53 pm

jriihi wrote:
soiaf wrote:

Great. Thanks :) Now i just need that package to arrive then.

Just remember that by default the compact flash card is read-only, so you'll need to first execute the commands to make it read/write (a quick search should find the relevant commands).
Then copy the file over, reboot your machine, wait a few minutes and you should be updated.
Don't forget to remove the file from the compact flash card when you've updated, otherwise it will try to upgrade your machine every time you reboor (with the compact flash card in the Roku).

jriihi
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:24 pm

Ok. Thanks again.