Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jcowles3

XP home

Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm

The only common thing to the NAS drive and the XP Home box is they are not on the domain of either server (2 domains in house... long story) So I did disconnect one of the domains to see but still had no luck... I was trying to eliminate any changes to my environment so see if it was something i had done to prevent roku from seeing the server, possible a DNS issue but I can see the share?

jcowles3

Oops

Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:42 pm

NAS drive is on one of the domain server.

jcowles3

Another Note

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Nothing on the server that the Roku used to work with has changed... Thats why i'm in the camp of it happened after i sent it to repair at Roku. Though admittedly an update by macrosoft could be it....

jcowles3

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Burkhardi wrote:
Let me ping Soiaf and she if he might know what is up, He is one of the last of the guru's from the good ole PhotoBridge.

Also, seeing "(none)" on the DHCP table on your router is normal for the HD1000. I can show you how to make a HostName for the HD1000 once we fix this current issue.

Matt

That will help when I have IP issues, thanks

soiaf

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:26 am

jcowles3

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:24 pm

soiaf you da man! The link below was the exact work, now there is no problem and works like my Roku always has... Thanks very, very much!

Burkhardi... you also are the man! Thanks so much for stick'n in there and helping out! your effort was truely kind!

Thanks
JC

This was the fix to windows 2003 server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/os/ms/smb2000.html wrote:
To disable SMB packet and secure channel signing enforcement on Windows Server 2003�based domain controllers

1. From Administrative Tools open Domain Controller Security Policy
2. Smile
3. Select \Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options folder.
4. In the details pane, double-click Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always), and then click Disabled to prevent SMB packet signing
from being required.
5. Click OK.
5a. In the details pane, double-click Microsoft Network Server: Digitally Sign Communicates (If Client Agrees) and then click to "Disabled".
6. In the details pane, double-click Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always), and then click Disabled to prevent secure channel
signing from being required.
7. Click OK.

To apply the Group Policy change immediately, either restart the domain controller, or type gpupdate at a command line, and then press ENTER.

If you change these setting and still have a problem, try checking in the following area.

1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers, right click the Domain Controllers container and click Properties
2. Click the group policy tab and then on edit
3. Under Computer Configuration, go to the Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options folder.
4. In the details pane, double-click Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always), and then click Disabled to prevent SMB packet signing
from being required.
5. Click OK.
6. In the details pane, double-click Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always), and then click Disabled to prevent secure channel
signing from being required.
7. Click OK.

To apply the Group Policy change immediately, either restart the domain controller, or type gpupdate at a command line, and then press ENTER.

I hope this helps!

TheEndless

jcowles3

Roku HD1000 is back

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:10 pm

I feel like I've just got a new toy all over again. Thanks you two...

Burkhardi

Let the files stream...

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm

jcowles3 wrote:
I feel like I've just got a new toy all over again. Thanks you two...

Now that is what I am talking about!!
great news!

Enjoy, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

soiaf

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 am

Thats great news, glad you're up and running again! :D