Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Burkhardi
Topic Author

How to hide files from the Photobridge?

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:06 pm

I don't want certain music and picture folders to appear on the PB.
When I goto the artpacks (hosted on my PC, not the CF card), I see music, pictures and slideshow and I just want the launch icons for the artpacks.

I have one shared folder called Apps and when I view that one with the PB, I just see the three app that I have there (SlimRoku, Weather6 and HexRadio). All three icons are there, nothing else.

When I goto the shared folder called Artpacks, I see all the artpack icons, along with Music and Pitures from those folders, how to I hide these.

TIA, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

RokuPatrick

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:44 pm

Rename the directories containing the files into directories starting with a '.' (period). Of course, for the art packs to function, you'll have to edit the art pack scripts/files to point to the new directories.

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:11 pm

For example, the nature art packs root dir has three sub folders.
Nature-Scripts
Pictures
Music
Were is the file I need to edit?In the root dir, or is it in the Nature-Scripts folder? I assume the later of the two..
So do I edit the .Artpack file or the .roku file? I assume the later of the two again, and then just make it point to the newly named folders that have the period in them.

Thanks for the reply Partick!
Best regards, Matt

Perhaps I'll play with a copy, its not like I'll blow up the PB or anyanthing..
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

tjdebon

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:31 pm

I put alll the stuff I didn't want the UI to see (such as the Music and Pictures directories and songinfo.roku) in a subdirectory named .Hidden which is in the same place as the Classic Art.roku, classic.artpack, and the Classic Art.roku.png icon file. I then edited the Classic Art.roku and classic.artpack files to put ".Hidden/" in appropriate paths as follows:

ClassicArt.roku
#!/bin/sh
PARENTDIR=`dirname "$0"`
cd "$PARENTDIR"
ARTPACKER=/usr/local/bin/artpacker
DESCRIPTOR_FILE="./classic.artpack"
if [ -e "$ARTPACKER" -a -e "$DESCRIPTOR_FILE" ]
then
echo "**** using $ARTPACKER $DESCRIPTOR_FILE"
$ARTPACKER "$DESCRIPTOR_FILE" &
else
echo "**** $ARTPACKER or $DESCRIPTOR_FILE not found, resorting to compatibility mode"
/usr/local/bin/photo -p &
sleep 2
/usr/local/bin/ecp photoApp SLIDESHOW ./.Hidden/Pictures
/usr/local/bin/ecp photoApp FIT_MODE fit
/usr/local/bin/ecp photoApp INFO_MODE short
/usr/local/bin/ecp photoApp SET_DELAY 10000
/usr/local/bin/mp3player --obeyphoto ./.Hidden/Music/*.mp3 &
fi

abd Classic.artpack now looks like:
ArtPackname=The Classics
InfoMode=short
ZoomMode=fit
DelayTime=10000
EnableMusic=Yes
MusicPath=./.Hidden/Music
ImagePath=./.Hidden/Pictures

Hope that helps!

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:25 am

Thanks tjdebon!
Yes, that does help, I'll tink around with it later today. :D

RokuPatrick

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:27 am

with the latest software, you'll just need to edit the .artpack file. The script looks in there primarily, the paths listed in the scripts are primarily for really old HD1000 software that won't work with the .artpack file.

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:04 pm

Thanks you two!
I did it, I edited the .Artpack file and told it to use the Dir with the "." period.
AND IT WORKED... :D :D

For some reason, Windoze (Xp) would not let me name a folder with a "." peroid the begining( ie ".*"), so I had to copy some other folders over (from the 2.0.34 patch that Partick did for the artpacks) from another artfile that had that name, to get the folder name. Then replaced the folders contents and all was good.
Thanks again, Matt