Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

wrosploch
Topic Author

Wireless Configuration

Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:48 pm

I am a new Roku owner and I have been struggling with my wireless connection for over a day now. I have a linksys router BEFW11S4 and am trying to connect using the Ethernet port to a Linksys Access point. model WAP54G. I follow the instructions as noted on the web however when I click done on the configuration screen it Fails when attempting to configure wireless bridge, in step - Starting Interface. then follows with the message Err- Wifi Device may not be plugged in. I can confirm my access point does have power and a link to my router. Any ideas. I have tried rebooting my Roku several times by unplugging the power and restarting the machine. I have also tried different Linksys products all resulting in the same error. I have also tried updating my ROKU to 2.0.36 still no success..

wrosploch
Topic Author

Wireless Configuration

Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:43 pm

I have gotten the configuration to work. The problem was in the configuration of the Access Point. The deafult configuration from linksys restricted the Access Point from being a "client" on the wireless network. To correct this it was a simple change in the web browser configurator. Select the AP Client mode and use the Site Survey to select your Wireless router..

Works great I can finally hear my Music!!