Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

znutar
Topic Author

reduced audio signal in bypass mode

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:27 am

I recently placed my HD1000 in-line between a DVD player and the TV and noticed that when I now play a DVD the audio is substantially reduced, though the video signal is fine. The audio isn't gone, as one would expect if the patch cords fell out, just seriously lower. Raising the volume on the TV compensates, but my gut says that I shouldn't have to compensate - that the loss of signal going through the HD1000 should be insignificant.

Thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

-Robert

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: reduced audio signal in bypass mode

Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 am

znutar wrote:
I recently placed my HD1000 in-line between a DVD player and the TV and noticed that when I now play a DVD the audio is substantially reduced, though the video signal is fine. The audio isn't gone, as one would expect if the patch cords fell out, just seriously lower. Raising the volume on the TV compensates, but my gut says that I shouldn't have to compensate - that the loss of signal going through the HD1000 should be insignificant.

Thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

-Robert

Could you go into a bit more detail on how you have this set up? As far as I know, there's no way to pass audio through the HD1000, only video, so I'm not sure how the HD1000 could have any effect on your DVD audio levels at all.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

znutar
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:03 am

OK, I'm connected by S-video on the video signal, and the audio goes into the "Audio In" jacks to the left of the "Audio Out" jacks.

Many Thanks.

-Robert

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:53 am

znutar wrote:
OK, I'm connected by S-video on the video signal, and the audio goes into the "Audio In" jacks to the left of the "Audio Out" jacks.

Many Thanks.

-Robert

Ahh, gotcha. I was thinking digital audio, not analog (didn't even realize it had analog audio in ports :P). Sorry.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)