Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

PPape
Topic Author

swap file size

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:28 pm

I am using a 32mb cf with only the swap file app and the slimRoku installed. When I look at my HD configuration it states that the swap file size is 4mb. Can I increase the swap file size? Do I need to? Thanks

jor

Re: swap file size

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:43 pm

PPape wrote:
I am using a 32mb cf with only the swap file app and the slimRoku installed. When I look at my HD configuration it states that the swap file size is 4mb. Can I increase the swap file size? Do I need to? Thanks

You should be using more swap - that amount might do just enough to keep it stable, but typically you want swap = memory, or as high as twice memory. So 27 up to the 64megs as specified by the originally created swap script.

(if your's is a rev b, probably unncessary to use swap)

PPape
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:54 pm

jor,
I am not sure I understand. I originally downloaded the swap file, copied it to the CF. How do I create a larger swap file.

RokuPatrick

Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:25 pm

The swap file program attempts to create a swap file of 64MB in size, so you'll probably want to use a larger CF card. To change the size, you can edit the Swap.roku and change the parameters to 'dd' . Use an editor that respects unix line endings.

PPape
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Thanks.. Got it.... Needed to delete the original swap file that was created on the CF then create a new one. Things are a little more stable with a 32mb swap file.