Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Rick LeM
Topic Author

New User Connection Issue

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:47 pm

So I just sent my dlink media player to the scrapheap, removed the dlink media server, and hooked up my new HD1000. Photos from a CF card look incredible!. The HD 1000 doesn't see any network shares. I'm wired into my home ethernet; using a BFRS41 router; sharing is enabled. I do have Win Media Connect 2. It doesn't see my HD1000; and my HD1000 doesn't see my computer or my network. (Dlink worked out of the box).

I've restarted everything twice. I am using the original software that came with the unit.

Where do I go from here?

(I presume someone from Roku is available to help.)

Thanks

RokuPatrick

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:52 pm

The original shipping software doesn't support UPnP. You'll need to upgrade to the 2.0 beta software to use UPnP. Otherwise you'll have to use standard windows shares (ie right-click on a folder and choose 'sharing and security' to share the folder)

Rick LeM
Topic Author

Thanks, and..........

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:34 pm

I upgraded the OS per your suggestion and the WMC icon shows up and in fact all the shared folders are there. However none of the jpgs will display; I get the broken thumbnail icon. What is interesting to me is the same file found under network shares (located on my wife's computer) displays fine but will not display for me with WMC. I've looked through the forum but have not been able to come up with the fix.

BTW using my wife's computer is not an option.

Thanx for your advice so far.