Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

evansgo
Topic Author

Memory Stick problems

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:51 am

I have had a search for Memory Stick issues and there do seem to be quite a few problems. Can some-one update me with the latest situation, is ther a fix or is it just broken?

I have just bought a Photobridge and unfortunatly use memory sticks. I have a few other types of card and they all work but not ONE of my memory sticks work so I am more than a bit concerned.

This is the list of failed cards I've just tested.

2 x Lexar 128Mb standard sticks
1 x Sony 1 Gb Mem stick Pro
1 x Sony 512Mb Mem stick Pro
1 x Sony 64Mb Mem stick Duo (in adapter)
1 x Sony 2Gb Mem stick Due (in adapter)

I cannot believe that Roku are seriously STILL selling a device specifically designed to display pictures where one of it four slots does not work, what is going on? I know it's great at the other things it does but this is a bit fundimental.

tjdebon

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:11 am

I ca't get pro-duo's to work either :cry: and provided specific model info to Roku in a long-ago post. I did find that once I inserted a pro-duo card it killed the slot and required a reboot. so, I suggest you try a reboot once you have a "bad" :twisted: card before testing any others.

evansgo
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:05 am

You're right! Thanks at least I now know that the hardware does work. The two Lexar basic 128 Mb cards work fine, but NONE of the other ones do - that's a pretty poor ratio.... Any comments Roku? As a Soundbridge 200 and 100 owner I had thought better of the company than to try to hide this sort of problem.

evansgo
Topic Author

Interesting!

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:55 am

The silence from Roku to comment on this problem is remarkable! Do you really believe that if you ignore this it will just go away?
Is this really an unfixable fault in which case you should openly admit this and let people know BEFORE they purchase, or is some-one trying to deal with it in the firmware?

soiaf

Re: Interesting!

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:38 am

evansgo wrote:
Is this really an unfixable fault in which case you should openly admit this and let people know BEFORE they purchase, or is some-one trying to deal with it in the firmware?

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19270#19270

And, as I pointed out in this thread

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4749

memory stick pro support is still listed on the specs sheet for the PhotoBridge (when it isn't supported).

evansgo
Topic Author

Memory Stick

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:29 pm

Mmmm thanks, incredibly disappointing really, I am really starting to lower my thoughts on Roku!

Any official response from Roku? Or are you still trying the Ostrich approach?

evansgo
Topic Author

Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:35 am

Ah OK - Ignore it and hope it goes away.

I see you are still misleading your customers in your adverts, as it still states Memory Stick compatibility. I really did think more of Roku, carrying on as if nothing is wrong, when clearly you have an issue is plainly dishonest.