Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

Help!! Netgear Connection issues

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:05 am

Somebody please help me! I have a netgear dg834g V2 wireless router and a Netgear wge101 wireless bridge. Using the wieless settings on the photobridge it will not access the bridge at all and keeps coming up with a set up error. As a bridge should it be even set up on the wireless settings?? It is also showing the ip Address as none!! I would really appriciate a guiding hand with this.

Thanks
Paul

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

still trying

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:26 am

reset to factory settings and got an ip adress displayed now but still won't connect!

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Help!! Netgear Connection issues

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:35 pm

paulrobinson72 wrote:
Somebody please help me! I have a netgear dg834g V2 wireless router and a Netgear wge101 wireless bridge. Using the wieless settings on the photobridge it will not access the bridge at all and keeps coming up with a set up error. As a bridge should it be even set up on the wireless settings?? It is also showing the ip Address as none!! I would really appriciate a guiding hand with this.

Thanks
Paul

With a bridge, it should not use the wireless settings on the PB. As far as the PB is concerned it's connected to wired ethernet. Have you configured the bridge using a laptop or other non-wired computer to ensure it's working properly?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi!

I initially connected it to my home pc via the router to check its set up, eg country etc.. for testing puposes they are only one room apart but the router is not showing the bridge connecting to it at all. Sorry bit new with networks!

I have a wireless laptop that can log on to the router no problem but it is not showing the bridge, should it??

Thanks for your help

Paul

TheEndless

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:23 pm

paulrobinson72 wrote:
Hi!

I initially connected it to my home pc via the router to check its set up, eg country etc.. for testing puposes they are only one room apart but the router is not showing the bridge connecting to it at all. Sorry bit new with networks!

I have a wireless laptop that can log on to the router no problem but it is not showing the bridge, should it??

Thanks for your help

Paul

If you disable wireless on your laptop and plug it into the bridge, does it get an IP address? You need to make sure the bridge is working properly, before you can debug its connection to the Roku.

TheEndless
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I've plugged it in to the laptop and it won't let me access the advanced settings, it tells me there is limited or no connectivity, it says the pc ip is not in the same subnet as the bridge.

TheEndless

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:37 pm

paulrobinson72 wrote:
I've plugged it in to the laptop and it won't let me access the advanced settings, it tells me there is limited or no connectivity, it says the pc ip is not in the same subnet as the bridge.

That would suggest that the bridge isn't properly configured. Unfortunately, that's beyond my expertise, as I've never worked with the Netgear. Perhaps someone else could chime in, or you could check the Netgear forums: http://forum1.netgear.com/support/

TheEndless

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:55 am

thanks for your help mate... I'll try to persevere!!!!! Anybody else any suggestions??

paulrobinson72
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:47 am

DONE IT!!!!! yipee... was is my knowledge or the hand of god?????

All I can say is the HD1000 is awesome!!