Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

martingk
Topic Author

Progressive scan through to VGA output

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:14 am

Hi folks - posting as a newbie to the Photobridge who is thinking of buying one - assuming that Roku are going to produce one for me to buy at some point in the near future.

The standard PB features look to be what I want, but there is one thing I want to check. For the short term, I need to play output from my progressive scan DVD player through a standard computer monitor using the normal 15-pin D type connector. We have a little converter box that is trying to do the job at the moment, but it only works with about 20% of my DVDs - we haven't yet managed to find the common factor with what works and what doesn't.

However, I notice the PB also has a 15-pin monitor output. I'm assuming this will work fine for viewing photos etc, but if I plug my DVD player into the through connections on the PB will I be able to view that on the monitor as well?

Thanks

dgburns

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:11 am

Highly doubt it. The "pass through" feature allows for SVideo in to SVideo out, Component in to Component out, etc. You can't "pass through" from one type of input to a different type (such as VGA) output.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

martingk
Topic Author

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:15 am

I had a horrible feeling that was going to be the case - I just wondered if it converted it on the way in and then reconverted as appropriate on the way out. Was obviously unduly optimistic!

Thanks for the reply.