Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

quadratscha
Topic Author

No ROKU Input-Signal on new LCD-TV (??)

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:37 am

Friends of the Roku,

I bought my PB1000 about a year ago and have been using it with my old TV. No (picture) problems there, although the quality of the image was POOR.

Well, I have finally bought a new LCD TV, Sharp LC-37GA-9E, which has various input connections. I have tried RGB, S-VHS and VGA but none of them gave a picture. The DVD is connected through an HDMI cable and working properly, also Cable TV works fine.

Anybody knows the trick, how to enable the ROKU signal on that new LCD? I have worked through the settings but noghting really helped.

Thanks for your support! All comments and tips are appreciated.

dgburns

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:07 am

I looked on Sharp's web site for specs and can't find an LC-37G(anything).

Does your set have "Component" inputs? A set of 3 RCA (or BNC) connectors, usually red green and blue in color but marked not as R G B but Y Pb Pr or some other such?

You need to get your Roku into it's video resolution setup mode (instructions in user manual) and let it cycle through until it lands on a resolution that gives you a picture.

At worst, you should be able set your Roku into default mode (which is 480p NTSC) and get a picture at either the "Video" or "SVideo" input.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)
Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV
Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's
PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext
M1000 (upstairs)
HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)
Visco 32" LCD
AR 2.1 audio system
PS/2

quadratscha
Topic Author

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:30 pm

Thanks for the tips,

will try those asap.

here is the link to the Sharp LCD TV:
http://www.sharp.ch/d/produkte_detail.a ... ruppeid=46

thanks

Pioneer AV-VSX-AX5Ai-S - Pioneer DV-668AVI-S

MVIX MX-760HD - Sharp LC 37GA-9E

Kef iQ9, iQ6c, iQ3

dgburns

Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:38 am

Can't read German, sorry, but doesn't appear it has "component" inputs? It does have 2 HDMI's, but those are no help with the PB. I'm thinking I've read somewhere in these forums about how to hookup to a display that has a SCART connector (which it appears this has), that's probably your best bet.

What firmware version are you running on the PB? Out of the box it's 1.5.something, you'd want a 2.0.something I believe for the best possible PAL support.
HD-1500 RevB #1 (media room)

Mitsubishi WD-62528 62" LCD RPTV

Kenwood VR-407 receiver w/PSB Alpha's

PS/3 60GB (now 250GB) w/750GB Seagate ext

M1000 (upstairs)

HD-1000 RevB #2 (bedroom)

Visco 32" LCD

AR 2.1 audio system

PS/2

carloramon1

Re: No ROKU Input-Signal on new LCD-TV (??)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 am

im interested send me a pm if you want to sell you LCD-TV !! bye and think about it !! jjejej :)

quadratscha wrote:
Friends of the Roku,

I bought my PB1000 about a year ago and have been using it with my old TV. No (picture) problems there, although the quality of the image was POOR.

Well, I have finally bought a new LCD TV, Sharp LC-37GA-9E, which has various input connections. I have tried RGB, S-VHS and VGA but none of them gave a picture. The DVD is connected through an HDMI cable and working properly, also Cable TV works fine.

Anybody knows the trick, how to enable the ROKU signal on that new LCD? I have worked through the settings but noghting really helped.

Thanks for your support! All comments and tips are appreciated.
Richersounds.com Home Cinema - [url=http://www.richersounds.com/productgroups/LCDTV[/url]LCD TV[/url]