Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

I cant sign into my Roku account

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 am

For some reason I cant sign into my Roku account ever time I try to it says the email address you provided does not match our records, So I tried to reset my password with no luck and every time I try it says we're sorry. We are unable to reset your password. Whats going on here? Why cant I sign in?

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Re: I cant sign into my Roku account

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Do you have a working Roku already? If so, you should be able to go into Settings and under About it should list the email address of your Roku account. That might help clear things up.
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660), Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Chromecast

Previous:
Roku first, second, third, & fourth generation boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm

If that doesn't work, send me a PM with your Name, Address, Phone, and valid email address, and I'll file a ticket on your behalf.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
If that doesn't work, send me a PM with your Name, Address, Phone, and valid email address, and I'll file a ticket on your behalf.

I don't want sound like I'm in rush but its been a week since I'd PM you my info and I haven't received an email ticket yet. :cry:

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 pm

SuperSapien64 wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:

I don't want sound like I'm in rush but its been a week since I'd PM you my info and I haven't received an email ticket yet. :cry:

My apologies.  Your PM got buried, and I didn't see it.  I'll contact CS Saturday for a follow-up with you.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
SuperSapien64 wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:

My apologies.  Your PM got buried, and I didn't see it.  I'll contact CS Saturday for a follow-up with you.

Its been another week and still haven't [b]received an email ticket yet. And I think I know why because I forgot leave my city, state and zip for my address. I'm going to send you another PM this time with my full [/b]address.

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Anight25 wrote:
delete the cache

I have Firefox configured to automatically clear cache, cookies and history when I close it. So yes I have deleted the cache.

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:47 pm

SuperSapien64 wrote:
Anight25 wrote:
delete the cache

I have Firefox configured to automatically clear cache, cookies and history when I close it. So yes I have deleted the cache.

It may be set to automatically clear, but it's good troubleshooting practice to actually do the steps to clear it anyway. That covers any bug in the auto-clear that might omit something or simply fail if it crashes as it closes.
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660), Roku 2 (4210), Roku Stick (3600)
Apple TV (4th gen), Fire TV, TiVo, Chromecast

Previous:
Roku first, second, third, & fourth generation boxes.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen)

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Basil wrote:
SuperSapien64 wrote:
Anight25 wrote:
delete the cache

It may be set to automatically clear, but it's good troubleshooting practice to actually do the steps to clear it anyway. That covers any bug in the auto-clear that might omit something or simply fail if it crashes as it closes.
Well I tied clearing my cache and no luck I still don't see the captcha when I try entering my password. :cry:

SuperSapien64
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:28 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:
SuperSapien64 wrote:
RokuShawnS wrote:

Its been over two weeks and I still haven't received an email support ticket and BTW I checked my email spam folder and didn't find anything.

RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm

SuperSapien, my sincerest apologies.  I know there is an issue with the CAPTCHA, but I haven't discovered anything as of yet, and don't know when a fix will be in place.  I'll hit up CS right now, and will get back to you ASAP.  If you don't hear back from me by Sunday morning, feel free to send an email to ssmith@roku.com and yell at me in all caps, bolded, and in italics :mrgreen:

I don't have access to your Roku account (only your account here on the forums), so there's nothing I can do on my end.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------