Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Streams
Topic Author

Moderators

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:26 am

This forum always has threads from spammers taking up much of the first page of each sub-forum.  And those threads remain there for a long period of time, probably the reason why they keep coming.  I have never seen anything like it.  

I believe all the moderators are Roku employees, so it's understandable that they may not be here outside of work hours.

I would suggest that you put a few of the long time forum members on the moderating team, people who are here at all random hours.  This way they can delete the threads quicker and make a better forum.  There are many members here with a long history that you know you can trust.  

atc98092

Re: Moderators

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 am

I agree. I am a user-moderator on another forum, with the owner based in the UK. Since I am checking the forum several times a day, and me being in the US (usually west coast), I help cover hours that he isn't available. I know it's been suggested here, but Roku doesn't seem to want to do it. That's their loss.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 am

Also, if you let others moderate, maybe if you don't want them to have full moderator duties, just assign them to deleting spam.. it's really annoying, and I don't know of other forms that get bombarded daily, where it's left up for 12+ hours.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

Streams
Topic Author

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 am

atc98092 wrote:
I agree. I am a user-moderator on another forum, with the owner based in the UK. Since I am checking the forum several times a day, and me being in the US (usually west coast), I help cover hours that he isn't available. I know it's been suggested here, but Roku doesn't seem to want to do it. That's their loss.

I think the reason why is because the people who make the decisions aren't affected by the spam, we are.  

fredneck

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 pm

There are some good Roku groups on Facebook that I visit and occasionally they get spam as well so it is not just related to this group. The mods are doing the best they can. Forums seem to be a great big target for spam these days. From what my son told me most all spam is not even put out be real people rather by some kind of software bot which can spam hundreds of forums in an hour. 

We are lucky Roku gives us a forum where we can have contact with the company  and express our opinions, ask for help or suggest ideas. Not many companies do this anymore. Your idea of community moderation seems like a good one, otherwise all we can do is just report it, ignore it and move on.
Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels