Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

KentuckyKid
Topic Author

RT aka Russia Today - Putin's Personal Propaganda Mouthpiece

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Is Roku so desparate for cash it is willing to accept cash from a known Western adversary i.e. Vladimir Putin's propaganda channel? I am sick of this, Roku! It is highly irresponsible of you to be a willing partner in the FSB's propaganda war to exploit and forment divisions in western democracies. e.g Brexit, USA presidential elections, France's Marie La Pen, etc., etc., etc.

trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Re: RT aka Russia Today - Putin's Personal Propaganda Mouthpiece

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Roku is not a partner. RT merely made a Roku Channel and followed developer rules. Just like NRA TV and all the religious channels which people have also accused of Roku supporting. Roku is a box with an OS.  Don't want to watch it, don't install the channel. I think Fox News is a GOP propaganda machine. Others think CNN is fake news of the left. Should Roku get rid of those, too?
Last edited by trekkeriii on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert

apodtele

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Me too. I love censorship.

Mikenz

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:31 pm

just my 2 cents, i agree with kentuckykid. i have my own business. i don't have to take every customer's dollar it is a choice i make. yes i have lost some money over the years but such is life. anybody can go online and watch russian tv if they so choose. however when roku takes money from rt it is a choice and has nothing to do with free speech but rather their bottom line. a choice to accept money much like facebook did for ads without caring who or where the cash came/comes from :roll:. free speech is part of our bill of rights, it does not exist in russia today, pun intended. i did not know until your post it was even part of roku's lineup. i don't care about anyones' politics it is their business and none of mine. however this isn't the same as the nra, ptl club, fox, cnn all those are ours, homegrown. rt is the mouthpiece of our greatest adversary in the world, a nation run by those who live by the words divide and conquer. rt is a tool for doing just that IMHO.

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Mikenz wrote:
just my 2 cents, i agree with kentuckykid. i have my own business. i don't have to take every customer's dollar it is a choice i make. yes i have lost some money over the years but such is life. anybody can go online and watch russian tv if they so choose. however when roku takes money from rt it is a choice and has nothing to do with free speech but rather their bottom line. a choice to accept money much like facebook did for ads without caring who or where the cash came/comes from :roll:. free speech is part of our bill of rights, it does not exist in russia today, pun intended. i did not know until your post it was even part of roku's lineup. i don't care about anyones' politics it is their business and none of mine. however this isn't the same as the nra, ptl club, fox, cnn all those are ours, homegrown. rt is the mouthpiece of our greatest adversary in the world, a nation run by those who live by the words divide and conquer. rt is a tool for doing just that IMHO.

That two cents of yours is more than Roku makes on RT. It's a free channel. They don't pay Roku to carry it. They don't offer subscriptions through Roku meaning there's no subscriptions for which Roku gets a cut. 
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

2pints

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:58 am

As a side note, Russia Today, or RT is a licenced over the air channel in the UK, that is it broadcasts free to air and is available with an antenna you will find it on Channel 234
after
231 - BBC News
233 Sky News
234 Russia Today
  note there are not 200+ channels available with an antenna in the UK, its just the peculiar digital TV ( free to air /watch with an antenna) system in the UK
Russia Today/RT is fully licenced and approved by Offcom ( UK equivalent of the FCC) a vast majority of people will know exactly how RT is funded and where its allegiances are

Thought i'd tune in to see whats on - news headlines are

1: Skirpal poisoning UK lab says its unable to prove where the poison came from
2: MI6, UK secret service agency to re-write rules on torture/interrogation abroad
3: Putin visits Turkey to discuss new pipelines and nuclear powerplants

if you cant see the message in the above then you need to question more

captivater

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:27 pm

So by your logic:
Any entity you disagree with should have their speech banned...

Gauranteed that sentiment is more anti-American than anything RT represents.

People like you should be forced to live in a country that doesn’t protect the right of free speech, public discourse, and balistic defense. Complain about that despicably entitled stawt.