I am sending this to make users aware of a Job Opportunity that I am attempting to find a qualified candidate for. I am working directly with the hiring manager for this role, which can sit in either New York or Los Angeles. This is a a long term contract role with a Major media corporation and can be either W2 or C2C employment. If you have any interest please send me a PM, I would love to speak to you about the opportunity. Looking for the following:
The Global Media Operations team provides digital workflow tools and services to organizations throughout organization. including all national motion picture and television stations as well as local TV stations. The wide range of services provided by Operations and Technology Digital (O&T Digital) team include centralized conditioning and delivery of critical film and television assets and distribution of on-demand content and live streaming events to the web and mobile devices. The O&T Digital team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the tools for digital media playback, delivery, syndication, and processing; assisting with support of existing proprietary products, third party applications, media server infrastructure; and researching new tools and standards for our business. As a member of the O&T Digital team, you will play an important role in growing the O&T Digital Video Platform to a state-of-the-industry technology suite.
* Experience developing applications for Chromecast and Roku devices.
* Familiarity with modern streaming media formats (e. g. HLS, DASH).
* Solid understanding of object oriented design.
* Strong experience writing unit test scripts.
* Experiment and discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
* Experience with RESTful APIs.
* Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git etc.
* Looking for a flexible self-starter who enjoys exploring new technology
* Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, or related field
* Experience with interactive media, mobile design & app development
* Experience with digital video delivery to consumers over the internet
* Experience working in a CI/CD environment