Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

atc98092

Re: I just don't understand

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 am

On another forum I help mod, I banned two new users just this morning. All they posted was an advertisement for selling stuff. Absolutely nothing to do with the forum. Hammer time!
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

DBDukes

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:02 am

atc98092 wrote:
On another forum I help mod, I banned two new users just this morning. All they posted was an advertisement for selling stuff. Absolutely nothing to do with the forum. Hammer time!

And that’s the point some people miss. It’s not all bots. Sometimes it’s a grunt doing rote work spamming as manny places as many times as they can. Yes, this place is seemingly easier than others. No argument there. But there is no one solution. Sometimes, the only solution is to remove afterwards.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)

Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:55 am

fonzy35 wrote:
They have Mods shortage
And probably limited fund? Just guessing on this one :-)

And an upline unwilling to allocate proper resources.

Shawn made an effort to do what he could, but he was just one person. Tanner is making an effort to do what he can, but is just one person.

I used to report a lit of spam but lately, most that I attempt to report have already been reported. That's good in that it appears more are helping report the nasty stuff. Then there are days where the place is so full of spam that I just don't want to see it and move away.

Users are doing what they can. Tanner is doing what he can. Upper management, it appears, is just sitting on their can.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo, Android TV (MiBox)

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)

apodtele

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:52 am

Thereare plenty of open source spam filters, some with deep and/or Bayesian learning capabilities. Gmail solved this problem using such tools to a large extent. 

basketbuild

Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 am

I am familiar with web/forum hosting. So, I won't accept any excuse except a resolution. There are plenty of tools out there to solve something like this. This has only deepened my disappointment in Roku.

rey_1178

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 am

This is really out of control and inexcusable. Like others have said there are tools out there to prevent this. In all the years I was a mod if this happened once in a large amount it was quickly handled and not to happen again. More moderators isn't the solution.