Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
Miami Son
Topic Author
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Post deleted?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Looks like my post about the SPAM got deleted. Someone's a little touchy about the subject, I guess. LOL
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Southeast Georgia
Contact:

Re: Post deleted?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Miami Son wrote:
Looks like my post about the SPAM got deleted. Someone's a little touchy about the subject, I guess. LOL

This one? https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=142318&p=631930
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
Miami Son
Topic Author
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Post deleted?

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm

DBDukes wrote:
Miami Son wrote:
Looks like my post about the SPAM got deleted. Someone's a little touchy about the subject, I guess. LOL

This one? https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=142318&p=631930

That's the one. Would have been nice to inform me it had been moved. How old is this forum software? Almost every forum I have been in the past 10 years or so shows when a post has been moved to another forum. smh
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Southeast Georgia
Contact:

Re: Post deleted?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:18 am

Miami Son wrote:
That's the one. Would have been nice to inform me it had been moved. How old is this forum software? Almost every forum I have been in the past 10 years or so shows when a post has been moved to another forum. smh

Wouldn’t the Off Topic Forum be where it belongs? It’s not “Roku Streaming Player General Discussion” (Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics). It’s about the forums in general. It would seem to me to be “Off Topic” (This is the place to discuss items not related to your Roku Streaming Player).

Come to think of it, this one should be there too.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
Miami Son
Topic Author
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Post deleted?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am

DBDukes wrote:
Miami Son wrote:
That's the one. Would have been nice to inform me it had been moved. How old is this forum software? Almost every forum I have been in the past 10 years or so shows when a post has been moved to another forum. smh

Wouldn’t the Off Topic Forum be where it belongs? It’s not “Roku Streaming Player General Discussion” (Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics). It’s about the forums in general. It would seem to me to be “Off Topic” (This is the place to discuss items not related to your Roku Streaming Player).

Come to think of it, this one should be there too.

I agree. My point is that there should be some way to inform a member when a post gets moved so a post like this one doesn't get created. By the way, only 2 Roku relevant posts amid all the SPAM on page 1 this morning. smh
 
User avatar
DBDukes
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Southeast Georgia
Contact:

Re: Post deleted?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 am

Miami Son wrote:
...
I agree. My point is that there should be some way to inform a member when a post gets moved so a post like this one doesn't get created. By the way, only 2 Roku relevant posts amid all the SPAM on page 1 this morning. smh

Perhaps Mod quoting first post, with response “Moved to Off-Topic” might be helpful. You’d get a notice (bell at top of page) since it’s quoting you.

As for the spam lull, it was great while it lasted.

Shawn was Central Time, and I don’t know Tanner’s time zone (Roku is Pacific Time). If he’s MT or PT, that means spam will likely remain an hour or two longer than under Shawn’s tenure. Not a complaint, just a recognition and verbalization of the situation.
DBDukes
http://TelevisionMyWay.com
-------------------------------------------------
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Roku Stick (model 3600)
 
User avatar
RokuTannerD
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: Post deleted?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:48 am

Miami Son wrote:
DBDukes wrote:
Miami Son wrote:
Looks like my post about the SPAM got deleted. Someone's a little touchy about the subject, I guess. LOL

This one? https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=142318&p=631930

That's the one. Would have been nice to inform me it had been moved. How old is this forum software? Almost every forum I have been in the past 10 years or so shows when a post has been moved to another forum. smh

Moving over to Off-Topic. 
Thanks for sharing the feedback here. 
Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests