Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Kelleynicole555
Topic Author

Roku remote

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted. My roku remote doesn’t work very often. At first I thought it was draining the batteries but even if I put brand new ones in it only works once then it’s dead again. Also, even with “dead” batteries the remote will always turn the tv on or off and the volume works. I have the remote app on my phone but honestly having to watch ads just to change a channel is a little infuriating. Is there a fix? Should I just buy a replacement remote? Thank you

37mediagroup

Re: Roku remote

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Could anything be obstructing the view or trajectory of the remotes signal?  Or, could the Roku unit be tucked away or tilted off to an angle?

The Roku remotes seem fairly unidirectional, meaning the remote tends to need to be pointed directly at the Roku with the Roku facing back directly at the remote, and not angled away. I've found this the case moreso than other units (DVD, TV etc) where I can almost point it up in the air & it'll still work.

atc98092

Re: Roku remote

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:20 am

It would help to know the model Roku you have, as there are many different models of remotes available, and they don't all work the same. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.