Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overtimeman
Roku Guru

Weather Radar

What's the best weather radar offered on Roku.Been using myradar on the fire stick.
I used to have a life before Roku!
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
DubTaylor
Roku Guru

Re: Weather Radar

The MyRadar App on FireTV, as you know, is a Radar App all others on Roku should aspire to be.
If there is such an animal on Roku - I too would love to know about it.

I use the one on my phone, or MyRadar on FireTV, cause frankly, there ain't any on Roku I've found worth taking up a channel slot.
If I wanted radar graphics from the 80s I'd fire up the old PC-JR and (try to) play Quake (original).
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"DubTaylor" wrote:
The MyRadar App on FireTV, as you know, is a Radar App all others on Roku should aspire to be.

I use the one on my phone, or MyRadar on FireTV, cause frankly, there ain't any on Roku I've found worth taking up a channel slot.
If I wanted radar graphics from the 80s I'd fire up the old PC-JR and (try to) play Quake (original).

I second that. I have MyRadar on my Fire stick and my phone. By far the best radar app out for Android based devices. Nothing on Roku comes close.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Roku Guru

"jeffrok" wrote:
"DubTaylor" wrote:

I second that. I have MyRadar on my Fire stick and my phone. By far the best radar app out for Android based devices. Nothing on Roku comes close.

If anyone could have directed us to a nice radar app, it would have been you.

[youtube:3v5scvc5]Ja06DJrFe5E[/youtube:3v5scvc5]
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Lol, I have let the Roku forum down. I will be on my way now.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have WeatherNation on my Rokus, and it does offer a weather radar display. However, it seems to have gone downhill since I'd last used it. It now starts with an ad, and it takes a long time for the radar display to update when I zoom in. But at least it's something. 
Looking in the channel store there appears to be quite a number of weather options. Weather HD appears interesting, but of course it's a subscription. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Roku Guru

Weather Nation is ate up with the volume disaster dumass syndrome:
Normal -sometimes
Ads/Random - 400+db breaks my eardrums and blows me through the bay window.

I stopped installing WN a year or two ago when it became fairly obvious they just didn't give a ****.
0 Kudos
overtimeman
Roku Guru

It has been ten months since I started this post but no biggie.Guess myradar has no equal out there.We had a series of tornadoes touch down in upstate South Carolina at 3 AM Monday morning the day after Easter and myradar alerted before they struck.Our cable was already out but the local news station was broadcast on their app and had the weather tracked street by street.Only one person lost their life in this situation.Most damage in my neighborhood was downed power lines and uprooted trees some that were thought to be a century old with one of those going through the roof of a house out the road.Hopefully in the future Roku will have a top notch weather radar app to offer.

0 Kudos
srtowens
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I just purchased a Roku device and am already thinking about returning it for a refund after only 2 days.  It appears if I stick with it I am going to have to give up two apps that I really enjoyed on my FireTV device - the 'MyRadar' app and the 'Silk' web browser app.  I can't believe Roku doesn't have the MyRadar app and some kind of web browser app - I guess they aren't concerned with keeping up with their competition.

srt

overtimeman
Roku Guru

Yep Roku needs a good weather radar app but with my Ultra I do have a Firetv stick in the mix.Roku has weather4us app which my weather app of choice but nothing to compare to MyRadar map.But since I have MyRadar on my phone and chromebook so no big deal.Nothing wrong having the best of both worlds.

0 Kudos