Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
scarlettu2
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Contact:

CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.
Carpe Diem
 
axflay
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 am

scarlettu2 wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


I averaged about 44 GB the first three months of this year, mainly from movies. Now with MLB.TV I'll probably be at 100 GB this month. I have friends with ATT who have seen increases since baseball started.

As long as I'm under 150, I'm not going to worry about it.
 
robertm
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 am

scarlettu2 wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


Isn't the AT&T cap 150gb? If so, you didn't go over.
 
-LD
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:27 am

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 am

I hit darn near the 250GB Comcast limit every month. I do use an online backup service which contributes probably 30GB monthly. The vast majority of the rest is streaming. Unfortunately Comcast doesn't offer me another option to pay for more monthly transfer even if I wanted. I think perhaps I could get business class, which I don't think has a limit.
 
scarlettu2
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Contact:

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 am

robertm wrote:
scarlettu2 wrote:
Has anyone else gone over the limits of their cap with AT&T? I just looked at my DSL usage.... which until now you could not view your current amount, but it appears last month I went over 100.00 GBs! Is anyone out there thinking this is complete incorrect and insane. Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?

It was mentioned within an article that ATT would notify customers that reached half of their limits and over, yet there has not been email or other means of communication in regards to this. I am wonder if you all have seen increase in your usage or if anyone else went over.


Isn't the AT&T cap 150gb? If so, you didn't go over.


That is the limit, but last month they stated I used 253 gbs
Carpe Diem
 
RoadRanger
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 10:44 am

scarlettu2 wrote:
Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39940&p=266419&hilit=hidden+menu#p266419
You'll have to redo this every time the Roku reboots.
I'm hoping Roku will put this in the settings someday soon?
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database
 
scarlettu2
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Contact:

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am

RoadRanger wrote:
scarlettu2 wrote:
Is there a way to throttle the streaming quality of NetFlix ?
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39940&p=266419&hilit=hidden+menu#p266419
You'll have to redo this every time the Roku reboots.
I'm hoping Roku will put this in the settings someday soon?


Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
Carpe Diem
 
RoadRanger
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 12:31 pm

scarlettu2 wrote:
Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
It isn't ;)
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database
 
scarlettu2
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Contact:

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 12:45 pm

RoadRanger wrote:
scarlettu2 wrote:
Thank you so much. I was unaware that this option was available.
It isn't ;)


But of course, it shall stay our little secret. :wink:
Carpe Diem
 
West Ham
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 am

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

When did this start? My account currently says:

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.
 
scarlettu2
Topic Author
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Contact:

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 pm

West Ham wrote:
When did this start? My account currently says:

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.



ATT has been planning this for months. Log into this website with your primary ATT account, you should be able to view your data usage and limits. http://www.att.com/esupport/internet/us ... Pb2b3R-DKz
Carpe Diem
 
West Ham
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 7:40 am

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 1:01 pm

scarlettu2 wrote:
West Ham wrote:
When did this start? My account currently says:

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.



ATT has been planning this for months. Log into this website with your primary ATT account, you should be able to view your data usage and limits. http://www.att.com/esupport/internet/us ... Pb2b3R-DKz



Uhh, I did and posted what it said

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.
 
User avatar
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 1:22 pm

LOL, one more time please.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
 
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Mon May 23, 2011 4:40 pm

West Ham wrote:

Uhh, I did and posted what it said

U-verse Internet Usage and Activity Detail
Note: Your internet plan provides you with unlimited usage. There are no usage details to display.


i heard from someone who uses AT&T that some older accounts are grandfathered in. i'm not sure of the details, AT&T is being pretty closemouthed about them.
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
 
chris0071
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: CAPS!!!! Overusage with AT &T

Tue May 24, 2011 7:49 am

I believe that there is a difference between ATT's standard DSL service and their "U Verse" service. It's their standard DSL service that is being capped.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests