Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sam.thorpe
Topic Author

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:59 pm

Yeah, I saw that and began researching NAS options after your post. I ended up getting a Ximeta NASD drive 250gb. The rub is that apparently it's not compatible with the little 4 port switch that I have downstairs amongst my audio/video gear. However, when I plug it into my router it works fine. Ximeta's site does say that it's not compatible with all switches. I'm thinking of calling the Buffalo folks to see if the Linkstation will work my switch.

What I'd love to do is put another switch off of my downstairs switch and connect or daisychain several Linkstations to create a storage array. It would probably look like a mini-nuclear reactor site, but it would be cool.
Sam Thorpe

rvacha

Re: Wireless flower

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:32 pm

sam.thorpe wrote:
One of my favorite other Network Appliances for media is the Audiotron from Turtle Beach. It's the best unit-based led interface I've ever seen for handling large mp3 libraries and it has a kick-ass web server for controlling playback from a laptop or pda anywhere in your house. Offers spdif output as well.

I totally agree! I still get sad when I see my AT gathering dust in the closet :( A year ago it became obvious that the AT was maxed out in the horsepower department and it took what seemed like an eternity for a better solution (SB) to arrive on the scene. Needs a network interface app like ATTray tho....

sam.thorpe
Topic Author

Re: Wireless flower

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:45 pm

rvacha wrote:
I totally agree! I still get sad when I see my AT gathering dust in the closet :( A year ago it became obvious that the AT was maxed out in the horsepower department and it took what seemed like an eternity for a better solution (SB) to arrive on the scene. Needs a network interface app like ATTray tho....

Yeah, it looks like the Audiotron is sadly being discontinued. I alway like to know what I might replace with in the event I should ever have to. I might check out the Soundbridge at some point...
Sam Thorpe

jor

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:45 pm

sam.thorpe wrote:
Nice out-of-the-box thinking. Very clever. The linkstations look great...especially for audio/mp3.

I wish they had a 300gb Linkstation, which would be my size preference for video.

The Kuko model, sold in the US by Buffalo's offshoot, Revogear.com, is an empty linkstation. I believe any size hard drive can be used, so you can do 300 (or higher). $160 for the regular model, $240 for the souped up HG one.

I'm using the linksys model instead with a 160 drive as I flesh out the improvements with the Roku.

toasted coastie

Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 pm

chrisloker wrote:
They have a 300GB Linkstation HD-H300LAN. I have the original HD-H120LAN (120GB). But they all also have USB 2.0 ports where you can add any USB drive to increase capacity (or act as an automatic backup drive).

how do you hook this up to a m1000 (hd-h120lan) through a wireless network and have it recognized without having a computer running? I am new at this. Thanks.

XIUYAN1

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:32 am

I am sure you will find a good response!!
Good luck for you.I am new at this too!
hehe..........